Thread poster: Marta Malenczyk
Marta Malenczyk
Marta Malenczyk
Local time: 10:53
English to Polish
+ ...
Mar 6, 2007

Hi,

I have purchased Trados 7 Freelancer. I managed to install it on my PC but I can't get it to translate. I have just been advised I do not need the MultiTerm Tool to use Trados. Could anybody please help me start with the software? I managed to establish connection between Trados Workbench and Microsoft Word, but I can't get the actual translation to work. I have both programmes open and click on Open/Get and then the part of the text appears in the Workbench, I then click on Get
... See more
Hi,

I have purchased Trados 7 Freelancer. I managed to install it on my PC but I can't get it to translate. I have just been advised I do not need the MultiTerm Tool to use Trados. Could anybody please help me start with the software? I managed to establish connection between Trados Workbench and Microsoft Word, but I can't get the actual translation to work. I have both programmes open and click on Open/Get and then the part of the text appears in the Workbench, I then click on Get Translation and nothing happens. Do I need any kind of Translation Memory to use Trados. As you can see I am new as far as using this tool is concerned and I would be very grateful if you could help me to start. I probably need some kind of step-by-step instructions but any suggestions much will be much appreciated.
Thank you
Mat
Collapse

Andrzej Lejman
Andrzej Lejman  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 11:53
Member (2004)
German to Polish
+ ...
Read the manual first, Mar 6, 2007

than search "Trados support" on this forum.

But if you think that Trados will translate for you, while you are sitting comfortably back, you are very, very mistaken.

Good luck

Andrzej

Giles Watson
Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
In memoriam
You need to download MultiTerm separately Mar 6, 2007

Hi Marta,

Try looking at the link in this thread:

http://www.proz.com/post/461446

Life Jensen's little Trados manual should help you get started.

Good luck!

Giles

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
...and use the Tutorials Mar 6, 2007

Hi Marta,
A set of interactive tutorials is installed with Trados - have a go at these to get started. (Since you don't appear to have MultiTerm, you will need to ignore the sections relating to term recognition.)

HTH, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Missing MultiTerm from Trados software

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »