Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >
Does anyone hate TO3000?
Thread poster: Samuel Murray
Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
Local time: 02:35
Simple workflow processes in TO3000 Aug 28, 2013

Dear Oksana Kondakova,

simple processes like adding client's information are made as much complicated as possible

You can add a new client just in 2 easy steps:

1. Go to Clients > Client and click New Client > Quick Creation.
2. Specify a name of your client and click Ok.

So, the process of adding a new client takes just few seconds. See the screenshot below for illustration of this process.

Sub-projects inside of projects

To be able to assign jobs directly to clients, without creating a project, please make the actions below:

1. Go to Settings menu > Workflow Modes option.
2. Select the "Without Projects Mode" radio button.

Impossible to create in invoice without adding a PO first

It is not necessary to indicate a PO when you create an invoice. TO3000 has the following simple workflow process:

1. Create a client.
2. Add jobs, received from the client.
3. When jobs are completed, create a nice-look invoice and send it to the client.
4. When the invoice is paid, track the payment in TO3000 and connect it with the invoice.

If you still have some difficulties with TO3000, just write us at [email protected] and we will be able to organize an online meeting with you to show you all the benefits of the software.

Best regards,
Aleksandr.
--
Head of Technical Support Department
Advanced International Translations

Sarah McDowell
Sarah McDowell  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 19:35
Russian to English
+ ...
Having some serious issues with TO3000 Oct 29, 2013

I bought TO3000 this summer and now I'm regretting my decision. The built-in AnyCount button which is supposed to count the number of words in project files has never worked when trying to count MS Word, MS Excel or MS Powerpoint files. I was told that the problem is with my version of MS Office and the suggestion to re-install it did NOT solve this problem.

This tool can count the number of words in PDF and text files with no problem.

Still waiting for a solution to th
... See more
I bought TO3000 this summer and now I'm regretting my decision. The built-in AnyCount button which is supposed to count the number of words in project files has never worked when trying to count MS Word, MS Excel or MS Powerpoint files. I was told that the problem is with my version of MS Office and the suggestion to re-install it did NOT solve this problem.

This tool can count the number of words in PDF and text files with no problem.

Still waiting for a solution to the problem with the AnyCount button. Does anyone else who owns TO3000 have any problems getting it to count files from MS Office programs?
Collapse

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 20:35
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

Another problem Dec 16, 2013

Now I've done it. I followed, I thought, the instructions on how to customize the invoice template by adding one column, Project Manager, to the invoice. I added a column entitle Project Manager, and below, I lifted this from the TO300 Help: \DTLINKJOBS:CCON_NAME\.

Well, the invoice won't open; Word says it's corrupt. So I undid my changes, and still... can't open the invoice, Word says it's corrupt.

Argh, not much done this Monday morning except to completely screw up
... See more
Now I've done it. I followed, I thought, the instructions on how to customize the invoice template by adding one column, Project Manager, to the invoice. I added a column entitle Project Manager, and below, I lifted this from the TO300 Help: \DTLINKJOBS:CCON_NAME\.

Well, the invoice won't open; Word says it's corrupt. So I undid my changes, and still... can't open the invoice, Word says it's corrupt.

Argh, not much done this Monday morning except to completely screw up my invoicing.

Does anyone here have the time to help me fix or undo what I've done, so I can get on with my invoicing before the day is lost?

I have to agree with many here, the instructions are very very difficult to follow, and if you miss a step, the program is unforgiving, as far as I can see. Perhaps an English native translator could help with cleaning up the Help? I don't speak Russian...

On the subject of help, the AIT website seems to be down as well.

Help!...
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 01:35
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
RTF format! Dec 16, 2013

Hi Nancy,

TO templates are in RTF format; I use Windows 7, and it does not open RTF files by just double clicking them. You should either choose the default program for opening RTF files, or open them from Word.

Natalia

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 20:35
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

How? Dec 16, 2013

Hi Natalie,

Thanks for taking the time to answer

I saved the template as .rtf, but I get this message just when clicking on Save+Open within the TO3000 program, it opens things automatically as Word...and invoices could be opened before I did this thing...

So still no invoices for me. I wish I could just go back to what it was,
... See more
Hi Natalie,

Thanks for taking the time to answer

I saved the template as .rtf, but I get this message just when clicking on Save+Open within the TO3000 program, it opens things automatically as Word...and invoices could be opened before I did this thing...

So still no invoices for me. I wish I could just go back to what it was, I'd put in the PM name manually (although I would think this program should let me add it automatically) but I don't know how to revert to what it was either.

So, again, help! please
Collapse

Alexander Art
Alexander Art
Ukraine
AIT Support Team Dec 17, 2013

NancyLynn wrote:

Argh, not much done this Monday morning except to completely screw up my invoicing.

Does anyone here have the time to help me fix or undo what I've done, so I can get on with my invoicing before the day is lost?

I have to agree with many here, the instructions are very very difficult to follow, and if you miss a step, the program is unforgiving, as far as I can see. Perhaps an English native translator could help with cleaning up the Help? I don't speak Russian...

On the subject of help, the AIT website seems to be down as well.

Help!...

Dear NancyLynn, please send us the problem template for further investigation. You can find all the templates in:
Windows 7: C:\Users\Public\Documents\AIT\TO3000, Version 10\Templates
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\AIT\TO3000, Version 10\Templates
By the way, you can write all your questions submitting a ticket or using the live chat on www.aithelp.com

Alexander Art
Alexander Art
Ukraine
AIT Support Team Dec 17, 2013

Also you can use this email address for the direct contacting: [email protected]

Ivaylo Ivanov
Ivaylo Ivanov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
TO3000 v.11 Feb 12, 2014

I saw that the update in TO3000 finds a new version - v.11 but I can't find any information about it anywhere:

Version 11

Build 11.0.0.57 (current):

- Windows 8 and 8.1 compatibility.
- Data grid performance and usability improvements.
- New "Credit Notes" feature.
- Client Jobs can be modified within the invoice window.
- New footers with totals.
- Grid "Group by" feature.
- Automatic Local Time calculation
... See more
I saw that the update in TO3000 finds a new version - v.11 but I can't find any information about it anywhere:

Version 11

Build 11.0.0.57 (current):

- Windows 8 and 8.1 compatibility.
- Data grid performance and usability improvements.
- New "Credit Notes" feature.
- Client Jobs can be modified within the invoice window.
- New footers with totals.
- Grid "Group by" feature.
- Automatic Local Time calculation for clients.
- Folder creation feature improved.
- New "Set Database folder" feature.
- Plenty of minor fixes and impromevents.

My current version is v.10.

Does anybody know anything about the new one?
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Very quiet roll-out of new version Feb 12, 2014

ivaylo wrote:

For some unknown reason, AIT rolled out a new version very quietly at the end of January. It's not announced anywhere on the TO3000 website, except under the history tab: http://www.to3000.com/product-info/history
(A kind of strange place to announce a new version!)

I bumped into the new version because I set up a new computer two weeks ago and had problems downloading my version 10 from the website, had to use an old installer from my download folder on my old machine, and got into all sorts of problems.

The problems were solved quickly by TO3000 support, but my suggestion to announce the new version on their website fell on deaf ears. (A vague "I will pass this information to our Management" two weeks ago.)

PS I've purchased the upgrade to version 11 and it seems very similar to version 10. I like seeing totals - now on permanent display - and the "group by" feature might be useful, but I'm not sure it's really worth an upgrade fee.
Maybe that's why the roll-out has been so quiet.

Claire Cox
Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:35
French to English
+ ...
Downloading older versions? Feb 12, 2014

That's set alarm bells ringing, Emma! Further to our Twitter correspondence on transferring Trados, I'm going to be setting up a new computer very soon and hadn't even thought there might be an issue downloading my old version of TO3000 (9 I think, although I can't check as I can't readily access the old computer!). I've never upgraded to the latest versions as I have never been able to work out how to customise the invoices or create reports that do what I want to see, although I find it useful... See more
That's set alarm bells ringing, Emma! Further to our Twitter correspondence on transferring Trados, I'm going to be setting up a new computer very soon and hadn't even thought there might be an issue downloading my old version of TO3000 (9 I think, although I can't check as I can't readily access the old computer!). I've never upgraded to the latest versions as I have never been able to work out how to customise the invoices or create reports that do what I want to see, although I find it useful from the point of view of statistics so use it for that reason alone. Does that mean I won't be able to download my old version to my new machine, do you think? That seems a bit harsh if so....

[Edited at 2014-02-12 09:45 GMT]
Collapse

Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Not worth it Feb 12, 2014

ivaylo wrote:

I had been alerted of the new version by a mail from ATI. I did the upgrade, mainly because I misunderstood the new credit note feature to be a kind of customer account statement (which I'm sorely missing) - my fault.

Anyway, V11 really doesn't offer anything to me that is worth the upgrade fee (although it's not very expensive). I wouldn't have done the upgrade if I had checked the new version better.

Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
ATI support Feb 12, 2014

Claire Cox wrote:

That's set alarm bells ringing, Emma! Further to our Twitter correspondence on transferring Trados, I'm going to be setting up a new computer very soon and hadn't even thought there might be an issue downloading my old version of TO3000 (9 I think, although I can't check as I can't readily access the old computer!). I've never upgraded to the latest versions as I have never been able to work out how to customise the invoices or create reports that do what I want to see, although I find it useful from the point of view of statistics so use it for that reason alone. Does that mean I won't be able to download my old version to my new machine, do you think? That seems a bit harsh if so....

[Edited at 2014-02-12 09:45 GMT]

Claire,

I'm pretty sure ATI support will provide you with a download link to your older version. In my experience, their customer support is unrivalled.

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Downloading TO3000 on a new machine Feb 12, 2014

efreitag wrote:
I had been alerted of the new version by a mail from ATI.

I didn't get an email.

Claire Cox wrote:
Does that mean I won't be able to download my old version to my new machine, do you think?

No, it shouldn't be a problem.
It should be available in the private clients' area: http://clients.translation3000.com/
but for some reason the download for version 10 wasn't in my account.
Still, as Erik mentioned, AIT support responded quickly and sent me a direct link to download it.

As I mentioned on Twitter, I'll be blogging about my experience of transferring programs - including TO3000 - to a new work machine. Stay posted!

Claire Cox
Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:35
French to English
+ ...
Thanks Feb 12, 2014

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

No, it shouldn't be a problem.
It should be available in the private clients' area: http://clients.translation3000.com/
but for some reason the download for version 10 wasn't in my account.
Still, as Erik mentioned, AIT support responded quickly and sent me a direct link to download it.

As I mentioned on Twitter, I'll be blogging about my experience of transferring programs - including TO3000 - to a new work machine. Stay posted!

Thanks Emma and Erik - I'll keep my fingers crossed when I get round to doing it this weekend. Just hoping I can open my old computer long enough to get my user files off it now!

Alexander Art
Alexander Art
Ukraine
TO3000 Newsletter in December Feb 12, 2014

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

ivaylo wrote:

For some unknown reason, AIT rolled out a new version very quietly at the end of January. It's not announced anywhere on the TO3000 website, except under the history tab: http://www.to3000.com/product-info/history
(A kind of strange place to announce a new version!)

I bumped into the new version because I set up a new computer two weeks ago and had problems downloading my version 10 from the website, had to use an old installer from my download folder on my old machine, and got into all sorts of problems.

The problems were solved quickly by TO3000 support, but my suggestion to announce the new version on their website fell on deaf ears. (A vague "I will pass this information to our Management" two weeks ago.)

PS I've purchased the upgrade to version 11 and it seems very similar to version 10. I like seeing totals - now on permanent display - and the "group by" feature might be useful, but I'm not sure it's really worth an upgrade fee.
Maybe that's why the roll-out has been so quiet.

Dear Emma, thank you for ordering our products. Please note that on December 2013 we have notified all our newsletter subscribers about the release of TO3000 V11 on January 2014

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does anyone hate TO3000?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »