Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5]
Does anyone hate TO3000?
Thread poster: Samuel Murray
Alexander Art
Alexander Art
Ukraine
TO3000 v9 Download Link Feb 12, 2014

Claire Cox wrote:

That's set alarm bells ringing, Emma! Further to our Twitter correspondence on transferring Trados, I'm going to be setting up a new computer very soon and hadn't even thought there might be an issue downloading my old version of TO3000 (9 I think, although I can't check as I can't readily access the old computer!). I've never upgraded to the latest versions as I have never been able to work out how to customise the invoices or create reports that do what I want to see, although I find it useful from the point of view of statistics so use it for that reason alone. Does that mean I won't be able to download my old version to my new machine, do you think? That seems a bit harsh if so....

[Edited at 2014-02-12 09:45 GMT]

Dear Claire, please be sure that you will be always able to download your TO3000 v9 from: http://download.to3000.com/SetupTO3000V9.exe

Alexander Art
Alexander Art
Ukraine
Subscribe AIT Feb 12, 2014

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

I didn't get an email.

Dear Emma, you can always subscribe to our newsletters on any of our websites, e.g. www.to3000.com on the right side of the screen in the "Let's stay in touch" section.

Alexander Art
Alexander Art
Ukraine
AIT Support Team Feb 12, 2014

Dear TO3000 users, we will be happy to help you with any questions. For that just use this email address: [email protected]

Claire Cox
Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:52
French to English
+ ...
Thanks Alexander Feb 17, 2014

Alexander Art wrote:

Dear Claire, please be sure that you will be always able to download your TO3000 v9 from: http://download.to3000.com/SetupTO3000V9.exe

I'm just about to download my old version now but cannot readily access my old computer as it keeps overheating before I get to a position I can download anything. Where would the old user files have been saved as a default? I know I wouldn't have changed wherever it suggested saving back-ups, but can't see anything that looks like them in the back-up sets I've downloaded from Mozy.

Many thanks,

Claire

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 06:52
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
I do not hate TO3000, but ... Jul 27, 2015

I agree that the interface is ugly, reminds me of DOS times.
The reason why I don't use TO3000 anymore is invoicing. Although the invoice templates are customizable, I never managed to get an edited template to fit on one page in case of, say, 5 or 6 projects (=lines) to invoice. This is quite easy with an Excel sheet, so I stick to that. BTW, why isn't there a "customized invoice template" repository somewhere to go and pick just what one needs?
Or is there ...?

Best... See more
The reason why I don't use TO3000 anymore is invoicing. Although the invoice templates are customizable, I never managed to get an edited template to fit on one page in case of, say, 5 or 6 projects (=lines) to invoice. This is quite easy with an Excel sheet, so I stick to that. BTW, why isn't there a "customized invoice template" repository somewhere to go and pick just what one needs?
Or is there ...?

Best
Wolfgang
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:52
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Invoice templates Jul 27, 2015

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:

why isn't there a "customized invoice template" repository somewhere to go and pick just what one needs?
Or is there ...?

Best
Wolfgang

I've customised my own invoices in TO3000 and they fit on a single page, unless there are more than about 30 projects.
For default templates, have a look here:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\AIT\TO3000, Version 11\Templates\CLIENTS\Invoices

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:52
English to French
+ ...
That appears to be in your computer... Jul 27, 2015

... which one can't access...

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Open Windows Explorer … Jul 27, 2015

JL01 wrote:

... which one can't access...

… and paste "C:\Users\Public\Documents\AIT\TO3000, Version 11\Templates\CLIENTS\Invoices" into the address bar.

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
here's my template Jul 27, 2015

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:

Or is there ...?

Best
Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

The guys at AIT are always very helpful, and as far as I can remember, they helped me customise my template a few years back. Just send them an email or support request.

Here's my template: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6802597/Documents/Invoice%20to%20Client%20-%20LandScape%20Template%20(Michael%20Beijer).rtf (it might help you create a good one yourself)

Depending on the number of jobs per invoice, mine also sometimes sprawls over onto a second page. However, this is usually very easy to fix: I just manually delete a couple of paragraph marks in between the lines. You might need to switch on "Show or hide formatting marks" (Ctrl+Shift+8 or Ctrl+*) to help you find them.

Estefanía González
Estefanía González  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
+ ...
Migration TO3000 V11 Advanced Aug 11, 2015

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how to migrate to the version V11 from TO3000 V8?

I have managed to use the database converter but only projects upto 2010 are shown in TO3000 V11.

Can anyone advise?

Many thanks in advance,

Estefanía

[Edited at 2015-08-11 14:24 GMT]

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
FEATURE REQUEST: Automatic emails to clients to warn about overdue invoices? Aug 12, 2015

For some reason, this amusingly-titled thread seems to be the de facto place to discuss TO3000 (or at least one of the most active TO3000-related threads here on Proz), so here's my latest feature request which I just sent to AIT support:

"Hello,

I have a feature request.

It would be great is there was a system for automatically sending an email (based on a template) to a client when my invoice is overdue to remind them to pay.

I thi
... See more
For some reason, this amusingly-titled thread seems to be the de facto place to discuss TO3000 (or at least one of the most active TO3000-related threads here on Proz), so here's my latest feature request which I just sent to AIT support:

"Hello,

I have a feature request.

It would be great is there was a system for automatically sending an email (based on a template) to a client when my invoice is overdue to remind them to pay.

I think that this is a feature that really should be added, if possible, to try to keep up with all of the online accounting programs that are popping up (FreeAgent, Xero, etc.), and which are starting to look increasingly interesting to me since they offer all kinds of features TO3000 doesn't offer. Such as automatic exchange rate integration via a feed from sites such as , e.g. http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/, etc.

Kind regards,

Michael
"
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does anyone hate TO3000?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »