Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 19:51
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Feb 26, 2015

For a project I got a bunch of xml-files, source and target separately. I wonder how could I create a TM of those?
How could I proceed?

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:51
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Create tables... Feb 26, 2015

with your CAT tool, i.e. with Studio:
import first the files in a project and export them one by one for external review (right mouseclick). You will get .docx files with tables. Provided, the lines of the tables match to each other, you can combine the columns into one bilingual table. Perhaps you need to fine tune the gained table. Next step would be using the Align function of Studio etc.
In Deja Vu you could create a bilingual excel file from the external review tables and import
... See more
with your CAT tool, i.e. with Studio:
import first the files in a project and export them one by one for external review (right mouseclick). You will get .docx files with tables. Provided, the lines of the tables match to each other, you can combine the columns into one bilingual table. Perhaps you need to fine tune the gained table. Next step would be using the Align function of Studio etc.
In Deja Vu you could create a bilingual excel file from the external review tables and import the excel into your TM, quite simply. Good luck!
Collapse

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:51
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Please tick to indicate Feb 27, 2015

whether my method worked:

☐ yes, thanks
☐ not at all, but thank you anyway

[Bearbeitet am 2015-02-27 14:36 GMT]

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 19:51
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Feb 27, 2015

I haven't tried it yet. It looks like it would work.
Heinrich

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How would you align xml-files?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »