Transit language pair file format description available?
Thread poster: Glossa Group
Glossa Group
Glossa Group
Local time: 01:42
German to English
Mar 3, 2015

Dear NG,
I've been searching for a while, but couldn't find any information about it: I try to write a program working with language pair files from inside Transit Packages (i.e. *.ENG)
On the first view it looked like simple XML format, but there is a "Data" section, which is essential but somehow cryptic: <Seg SegID="9" Data="{binary data}">Some Text</Seg>

Unfortunately after I changed "Some Text" without changing the binary data, Transit couldn't open the
... See more
Dear NG,
I've been searching for a while, but couldn't find any information about it: I try to write a program working with language pair files from inside Transit Packages (i.e. *.ENG)
On the first view it looked like simple XML format, but there is a "Data" section, which is essential but somehow cryptic: <Seg SegID="9" Data="{binary data}">Some Text</Seg>

Unfortunately after I changed "Some Text" without changing the binary data, Transit couldn't open the file afterwards. I couldn't find any information about the Data section somewhere or the file format in general.
If someone has information or knowledge about this it would be highly appreciated.

Kind regards, Thomas

[Edited at 2015-03-03 10:50 GMT]
Collapse

Peamur
Peamur
Local time: 01:42
encoding Jun 18, 2015

Check the encoding. Should be exactly the same as in the original.

What kind of changes? Jun 19, 2015

Hi glossa,

are you sure that your changes didn't affect the binary data?
If yes, maybe the changes themselves "corrupt" the language files in some way.
Can you give us an example what/how you are changing in the "Some text" part?

Best regards,

O.N.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transit language pair file format description available?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »