Thread poster: selimi
selimi
selimi
Local time: 08:41
English to Turkish
+ ...
May 26, 2015

Hello,

I do not know how to delete the next segment (in order to write the translation) after marking a segment as translated in Star Transit XV SP 26. Is there anyone who knows how to do this?

Peamur
Peamur
Local time: 07:41
don't Jun 18, 2015

You are not supposed to delete segments in Transit. If you delete a segment, you will corrupt your project. Except you're working on an alignment project, where it's normal. In a normal project - don't delete segments.

Deleting or emptying? Jun 19, 2015

Hi,

I assume that selimi meant emptying the next segment, but not removing it.

In Transit NXT, you can check the "empty next segment" for that. As an alternative, the "Delete to end of segment" option deletes the text right from your cursor unchanged in the current segment.

I have no clue if these features were also supported in the old XV, too.

Best regards,

O.N.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to delete the next segment in STAR Transit XV SP26

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »