A translation partner: why you need one, where to find one

This discussion belongs to Translation news » "A translation partner: why you need one, where to find one".
You can see the translation news page and participate in this discussion from there.

Ako Agbor
Ako Agbor
Nigeria
Local time: 21:25
Member (2015)
French to English
I look forward for such a paartner Aug 30, 2015

I am certain that no one can ever have it all. I look forward to have a partner who will be as professional and reliable as the one you described. Given that the world is a global village, any part of the globe will be ok for me. Could you please @Jared Tabot help me with tips on finding one?

Liviu-Lee Roth
Liviu-Lee Roth
United States
Local time: 16:25
Romanian to English
+ ...
I have such a partner Aug 30, 2015

For the last 8 years I have been working with a partner. She lives almost 2000 mile away,but our partnership works very fine. We split all the projects we receive from governmental agencies. It saves time finishing the project because we start at the same time, after we split the project. When we are done with the translation part, we edit each-other's translation. If there are questions, we go on Skype and debate until we find the best solution. We split the payment the same way.[(Translation +... See more
For the last 8 years I have been working with a partner. She lives almost 2000 mile away,but our partnership works very fine. We split all the projects we receive from governmental agencies. It saves time finishing the project because we start at the same time, after we split the project. When we are done with the translation part, we edit each-other's translation. If there are questions, we go on Skype and debate until we find the best solution. We split the payment the same way.[(Translation + editing) : 2] We keep a log and everything works very fine and our clients are happy because we provide a quality finished work way ahead of the deadline.Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A translation partner: why you need one, where to find one

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »