Where did all the Polish and Russian job postings go?
Thread poster: LilianNekipelov
LilianNekipelov
LilianNekipelov  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:37
Russian to English
+ ...
Apr 17, 2014

I am not sure about the job offers situation in other languages--this is just something that I have easily noticed. They disappeared around December and have never come back. Has anyone noticed it? Perhaps Google snatched them.

[Edited at 2014-04-17 10:30 GMT]

Tomasz Sienicki
Tomasz Sienicki  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 14:37
Member (2007)
Danish to Polish
+ ...
Check your settings Apr 17, 2014

I've just had a look at the ProZ front page and I can see:

• 09 Apr: 6 Polish/English jobs
  • 11 Apr: 3 Polish/English jobs
  • 14 Apr: 6 Polish/English jobs
  • 16 Apr: 6 Polish/English jobs

Perhaps you ought to re-adjust your ProZ settings?

[Redigerad 2014-04-17 10:48 GMT]

LilianNekipelov
United States
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, one or two once in a while Apr 17, 2014

but not too many. Maybe 10% of what it used to be. There were a lot of them last year--there is almost nothing now. I was just wondering what the reason was. I am asking this more out of pure curiosity than lack of work--I always have work. (not only related to translation--some royalty based translations and other things)

Plus those did not show up on my home page. What do you think the reason might be--settings?

Do you know what to adjust? Where in the profile
... See more
but not too many. Maybe 10% of what it used to be. There were a lot of them last year--there is almost nothing now. I was just wondering what the reason was. I am asking this more out of pure curiosity than lack of work--I always have work. (not only related to translation--some royalty based translations and other things)

Plus those did not show up on my home page. What do you think the reason might be--settings?

Do you know what to adjust? Where in the profile? I saw one English to Polish, but I don't really translate into Polish.

How would anything like that be even possible--that I see all the language postings except Polish and Russian to English.

The best offer I can see for today is English to Malay.

I found them--thanks for your suggestions. Very helpful. If you have the page set to "all pairs"--you cannot see your pairs at all--I thought "all pairs' would have everything--including your preferred pairs, but it doesn't.

[Edited at 2014-04-17 11:34 GMT]
Collapse

Tomasz Sienicki
Tomasz Sienicki  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 14:37
Member (2007)
Danish to Polish
+ ...
Customize Apr 17, 2014

LilianBNekipelo wrote:
Maybe 10% of what it used to be.

That would mean 60 Polish/English job offers per day before December... I don't know about Russian, but it certainly wasn't the case for Polish.

Make sure you have the "Your prefs" tab open on the home page, and not the "All pairs" tab. If that doesn't help, click the Customize link. I am afraid though that the preferences interface is rather complicated.

LilianNekipelov
United States
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you. Apr 17, 2014

Please see my previous post--I added some explanations. There was some confusion with the settings. I don't know if there were fewer postings--I just haven't been able to see most of them since December.

I had it set to "all pairs". All, to me, meant all, not other.

[Edited at 2014-04-17 12:12 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where did all the Polish and Russian job postings go?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »