Translation Industry Year End Review and Expectations for 2015
Thread poster: LingoTrust
LingoTrust
LingoTrust
Local time: 10:51
Jan 20, 2015

Just wanted to bring to your attention an article about the Translation Industry and where it might be headed in 2015. Perhaps we can get a discussion going about your thoughts.

http://www.translation-services-usa.com/blog/translation-industry-2014-year-end-review/

Neirda
Neirda  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 22:51
Chinese to French
+ ...
Rather vague Jan 22, 2015

Thank you.

Now I don't intend to be mean, but... lots of words and not much content here. Honestly, I could write you a review on anything with a bunch key figures and some trivia with that sort of pattern.

Seems odd to review and analyze something as immensely broad as translation without at least getting into pair and/or industry specifics.
Markets are different, expectations are different, clients are different, methods are different, not even mentioning rat
... See more
Thank you.

Now I don't intend to be mean, but... lots of words and not much content here. Honestly, I could write you a review on anything with a bunch key figures and some trivia with that sort of pattern.

Seems odd to review and analyze something as immensely broad as translation without at least getting into pair and/or industry specifics.
Markets are different, expectations are different, clients are different, methods are different, not even mentioning rates, profitability, competition, etc...

If we're talking purely business here, then I don't consider myself - a Chinese to French translator - as doing the same job as a, say, English to Serbian translator.

A true good review on the world of translation would be at least 30 pages thick. Condensed.
Collapse

PatrickMoreschi
PatrickMoreschi
United States
Local time: 08:51
Translation Industry Jan 27, 2015

LingoTrust wrote:

Just wanted to bring to your attention an article about the Translation Industry and where it might be headed in 2015. Perhaps we can get a discussion going about your thoughts.

http://www.translation-services-usa.com/blog/translation-industry-2014-year-end-review/

I have read your blog. The points that you have spoken about are very accurate. Every Translation company of any size is looking to expand their market and to engage with customers on a deeper level in 2015. Consumers worldwide want everything on their own terms, and that includes a preference for communicating in their own language.

LingoTrust
LingoTrust
Local time: 10:51
TOPIC STARTER
Freelance translation Jan 28, 2015

How do you see the shift of big businesses looking to consolidate all of their translation needs (document, audio/video, etc.) affecting freelance translators? Have you worked with Fortune 500 companies directly or more vicariously through translation companies?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Industry Year End Review and Expectations for 2015

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »