Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5]
How many words can you translate in 8 hours?
Thread poster: areli_ash
Juliano Martins
Juliano Martins  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 11:49
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Here are my numbers Oct 21, 2016

95% of my translation is from English into Brazilian Portuguese.

I try to work 8 hours per day, but I am not very rigid about that. It can be more or less, depending on the day. Let's assume 24 days per month and 8 hours per day.

I see that in 2015 I translated around 3.4K words/day and proofed 1.5K words/day.

But in 2011, when I reached around 2 million translated + proofed words in one year, I translated around 3.9K words/day + proofed 2.4K words/day.
... See more
95% of my translation is from English into Brazilian Portuguese.

I try to work 8 hours per day, but I am not very rigid about that. It can be more or less, depending on the day. Let's assume 24 days per month and 8 hours per day.

I see that in 2015 I translated around 3.4K words/day and proofed 1.5K words/day.

But in 2011, when I reached around 2 million translated + proofed words in one year, I translated around 3.9K words/day + proofed 2.4K words/day.

This image shows my history from 2008 to 2015.
blue = translated words
red = proofed words
green = translated + proofed words

wpy

Talking only about translation, I think I can translate from 5K to 6K words per day without any problem.

I know a woman called Jenae Spry (French into English translator) who says she can translate up to 2K words per hour. Yes, 2 thousand words per HOUR, by using dictation software, such as Dragon.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How many words can you translate in 8 hours?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »