Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:25
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
getting: "& a p o s ;" in TMXs generated with TMX_maker_3.0.exe Feb 26, 2015

OK, so now that I solved that problem, I have another one. TMX_maker_3.0.exe works great, except for one little thing, I am getting stuff like this in the created TMXSs:

supervisory computer tomograms of said patient& a p o s ;s cerebrum
HIV-infected people frequently suffer from Plaut& a p o s ;s
etc.

(added spaces so it would render here)

Weird, I can see "& a p o s ;" in EmEditor, I can see "& a p o s ;" in the Heartsome TMX ed
... See more
OK, so now that I solved that problem, I have another one. TMX_maker_3.0.exe works great, except for one little thing, I am getting stuff like this in the created TMXSs:

supervisory computer tomograms of said patient& a p o s ;s cerebrum
HIV-infected people frequently suffer from Plaut& a p o s ;s
etc.

(added spaces so it would render here)

Weird, I can see "& a p o s ;" in EmEditor, I can see "& a p o s ;" in the Heartsome TMX editor, but if I open the same TMX in Olifant, they are just normal apostrophes again: '

[Edited at 2015-02-26 22:10 GMT]

Hmm, problem "solved". Just realised the free Heartsome TMX Editor can create TMXs out of tabbed files (with no HTML characters). really hoping someone takes on/over that project!

[Edited at 2015-02-26 22:45 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-02-26 22:46 GMT]
Collapse

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:25
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Possible Feb 27, 2015

Michael Beijer wrote:

Weird. It doesn't work if I run it from:

C:\Users\michaelbeijer\Desktop\PatTR Patent Translation Resource\de-en\pattr\description\1 - Copy (1)

But it does work if I run it from:

C:\Users\michaelbeijer\Desktop\

Is it the spaces or brackets in the path maybe?

Could be. It's not a project a put a lot of work into. Frankly, I didn't even remember I published that little program. There could well be a silly bug in there that fails on spaces in the path.

Re: the other problem, please check the original txt files and the tabbed file in a text editor as well as the tmx. I'd like to know where the broken character entities come from.
If the original contained & a p o s ;, then the tmx maker should change that to &amp; a p o s ; (i.e. it shouldn't collapse all those spaces). Obviously it shouldn't insert spaces either.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Downloading the Acquis Communautaire

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »