Donauworth German/English/Thai conversation
Thread poster: Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 04:23
English to Thai
+ ...
Nov 29, 2015

I searched the forum without hits. Here I use the Proz forum to seek my personal objective.

I am an engineer-translator/interpreter.
I will be in Donauworth, Germany from January to May 2016 for an English-Thai aviation interpretation job.
I will stay alone in a hotel or a house.
I have so many free time in Saturdays, Sundays and evenings. I expect to improve my German conversation [and vocabularies] which I have studied many decades before.
As compensation
... See more
I searched the forum without hits. Here I use the Proz forum to seek my personal objective.

I am an engineer-translator/interpreter.
I will be in Donauworth, Germany from January to May 2016 for an English-Thai aviation interpretation job.
I will stay alone in a hotel or a house.
I have so many free time in Saturdays, Sundays and evenings. I expect to improve my German conversation [and vocabularies] which I have studied many decades before.
As compensation and exchange for this, I can offer English or Thai conversation to the German conversation instructor. How can I post this proposed event e.g. in local cultural center, specific social media?

Soonthon Lupkitaro,
Bangkok, Thailand
Collapse

Elif Baykara Narbay
Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 00:23
German to Turkish
+ ...
ProZ exchange Nov 29, 2015

I believe that the right place to find answers is ProZ exchange.

http://www.proz.com/?sp=exchange

Have fun in your trip

Elif

[Edited at 2015-11-29 06:00 GMT]

Thailand
English to Thai
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Proz Exchange Nov 29, 2015

Elif Baykara wrote:

I believe that the right place to find answers is ProZ exchange.

Have fun in your trip

Elif

[Edited at 2015-11-29 06:00 GMT]

Thank very much, Elif. I have been a member of Proz.com for nearly 2 decades but never use this Proz Exchange page. I quickly post my offer there, now.

Soonthon L.

Andrea Halbritter
Andrea Halbritter  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 23:23
French to German
+ ...
Volkshochschule or maybe as well a friend of mine Nov 29, 2015

I am from this region, but do only live there in the summer now.

Another idea to improve your German can be to participate in the courses of the Volkshochschule (in Donauwörth or Augsburg for a larger choice of courses). They are not very expensive and there are courses in the evenings and in the weekend.

I might also have a German friend who will be interested.

[Modifié le 2015-11-29 10:07 GMT]

Thailand
English to Thai
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Danken! Nov 29, 2015

Andrea Halbritter wrote:

I am from this region, but do only live there in the summer now.

Another idea to improve your German can be to participate in the courses of the Volkshochschule (in Donauwörth or Augsburg for a larger choice of courses). They are not very expensive and there are courses in the evenings and in the weekend.

I might also have a German friend who will be interested.

[Modifié le 2015-11-29 10:07 GMT]

Thank again, Andrea

This is also valuable information. I already expected learning through local language school, high schools or libraries or museums. I surely take notes of the facility you suggest.

Best regards,

Soonthon L.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:23
English to German
+ ...
Get in touch with the BDÜ Nov 29, 2015

Dear Soonthon,
How can I post this proposed event e.g. in local cultural center, specific social media?

Why don't you drop me a line (lemster at bdue dot de) - I'll gladly pass this on to our regional associations in Bavaria and Baden-Württemberg, and will post it in our internal network as well as in our XING group.

Will try and set up a meeting at the regular get-together in Ulm.

Kind regards,
Ralf

Thailand
English to Thai
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks again Nov 30, 2015

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Why don't you drop me a line (lemster at bdue dot de) - I'll gladly pass this on to our regional associations in Bavaria and Baden-Württemberg, and will post it in our internal network as well as in our XING group.

Will try and set up a meeting at the regular get-together in Ulm.

Kind regards,
Ralf

Thanks, Ralf. Many years ago we had contact regarding some Blue board items.
I am sure to write to you when my flight schedule becomes exact.
I will go to the German Embassy in Bangkok tomorrow at 09.00am. for the first time.
I anticipate certain messy issues since my partner in Donauworth/Tubingen advised on how to apply for the visa but I did not accept the entire logic of procedures e.g. requesting for a Schenken visa or a National Visa.

Soonthon L.

Nathasitha Wongchanta
Nathasitha Wongchanta  Identity Verified
Thailand
Thai to English
+ ...
You are super!! Nov 30, 2015

Hi,

Khun Soonthon,

I am your big fan khrup. Hope to have the greatest time like you once. Also, hope you are having the nicest memory the Germany and getting it back to teach us how to become a professional localizer.

All the best,

Nath

Thailand
English to Thai
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 1, 2015

nathasitha wrote:

I am your big fan khrup. Hope to have the greatest time like you once. Also, hope you are having the nicest memory the Germany and getting it back to teach us how to become a professional localizer.

Nath

Thanks. I always devote to sharing my plenty of experience.
Why not we grasp good chances like mine?

Soonthon L.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Donauworth German/English/Thai conversation

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »