Wordfast Pro for Mac: won't open without an Internet connection
Thread poster: Lixiang LIU
Lixiang LIU
Lixiang LIU  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 04:32
English to Chinese
Oct 9, 2013

Sometimes I just want to use Wordfast Pro on the airplane, but every time I launch Wordfast Pro without an Internet connection, an error message just shows out and stopped my attempt.

I'm using Wordfast Pro 3.2.2 on OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5) and Mavericks (10.9).

I have tried turning off the Update Reminder option, but the problem still exists.
... See more
Sometimes I just want to use Wordfast Pro on the airplane, but every time I launch Wordfast Pro without an Internet connection, an error message just shows out and stopped my attempt.

I'm using Wordfast Pro 3.2.2 on OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5) and Mavericks (10.9).

I have tried turning off the Update Reminder option, but the problem still exists.

One other thing, the current version of Wordfast Pro (3.2.2) is not compatible with the OS X Mavericks (10.9). Translated files sometimes can't be saved properly on OS X Mavericks.

[Edited at 2013-10-09 06:12 GMT]
Collapse

krjennemann
krjennemann  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:32
Spanish to English
Same here Aug 26, 2014

I get the same message, and I know my internet connection is working because I'm streaming pandora. Did you ever find a solution? I thought it had something to do with Java needing updating, but I did that and still get the same message.

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 22:32
English to Arabic
Internet?? Aug 26, 2014

krjennemann wrote:

I get the same message, and I know my internet connection is working because I'm streaming pandora. Did you ever find a solution? I thought it had something to do with Java needing updating, but I did that and still get the same message.

Why do you think it has to do with the Internet connection in the first place? Does this happen in some cases or all the time. Which Wordfast Pro version (Help menu > About Wordfast), please?

Many thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Yasmin

krjennemann
Spanish to English
Not an internet problem Aug 26, 2014

I didn't think it had anything to do with internet, but the original poster noticed that he got the same message that I get when he wasn't connected to the internet. Seeing now that it happens either way, it's definitely not an internet problem.

I am trying to download and open Wordfast 3.4.1 for the first time for Mac, running on OSX 10.9.4.
I can download and use the older version (3.1.5), but the new version still gets this message every time I try to open it.

Yasmin Moslem
Egypt
English to Arabic
Log Aug 27, 2014

Dear Kelly,

Could you please right-click Wordfast.app, follow the path stated on the error message, and send me the log file to check.

You can also add me to Skype if you like: wf_yasmin (just please mention "Wordfast" in the contact request).

Kind regards,
Yasmin

krjennemann
Spanish to English
How do I follow the path to the log file? Aug 27, 2014

Sorry, I'm not too tech savvy. How do I follow the log file? Console?

Yasmin Moslem
Egypt
English to Arabic
Missing part Aug 27, 2014

Dear Kelly,

Sorry, there was a missing part of my message. I meant to say:

Could you please right-click Wordfast.app, [click "Show Package Content"], follow the path (folders one by one) stated on the error message, and send me the log file to check.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

krjennemann
Spanish to English
thanks! Aug 28, 2014

I sent it to your Skype. Thanks for taking a look!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro for Mac: won't open without an Internet connection

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »