John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:34
Member (2006)
French to English
Yahoo beta group testers Aug 15, 2014

Juan Manuel Macarlupu Peña wrote:

Krystina, is there any way to test the desktop version of WFP4?
Thanks!

Hello Juan Manuel,

Please join the Wordfast Pro 4 beta group on Yahoo in order to test: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/WFP4_beta/info

Thanks!

John

Dan Ilioiu
Dan Ilioiu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 03:34
English to Romanian
+ ...
two versions on the same computer? Aug 30, 2014

Hello, John!

Is it possible to have two versions of WFP (3.4.x and 4.x) installed independently on the same computer?

John Di Rico
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Yes we can! Aug 31, 2014

Catalina/Dan Ilioiu wrote:

Hello, John!

Is it possible to have two versions of WFP (3.4.x and 4.x) installed independently on the same computer?

Yes!

Anders Dalström
Anders Dalström
Sweden
Member (2008)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Change from lower-case to upper-case and vice versa Sep 18, 2014

I haven't tried the new version so this comment may be totally redundant, in which case please ignore.

For translations of Excel sheets, Wordfast Pro is my no. 1 choice and I hope the "Advanced Wizard" is kept/improved in the new version. The one thing I feel Wordfast lacks is a function to change from upper to lower case letters and vice versa without having to rewrite the segment - MS Word has this , as does Trados. If this was introduced in Wordfast as well I'd be very happy.

Gyula Erdesz
Gyula Erdesz
Hungary
Member (2009)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Any news? Sep 13, 2015

Any news about Wordfast Pro 4? Can we know at least its official release date?

John Di Rico
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Released at the end of the month Sep 13, 2015

Gyula Erdész wrote:

Any news about Wordfast Pro 4? Can we know at least its official release date?

Dear Gyula,

We plan to release it at the end of the month! You'll be able to download it from our website.
There will be a few project management tools that are not yet implemented (bilingual export, split/merge), but those will be ready by the end of the year. Current Wordfast Pro 3 or Wordfast Studio license holders will be able to download and use Wordfast Pro 4.

As a side note, we've scheduled some trainings in Freiburg, San Francisco, and Miami. For more details, see the relevant links on this page: http://wordfast.com/about_news

Kind regards,

John

Gyula Erdesz
Gyula Erdesz
Hungary
Member (2009)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
thanks Sep 14, 2015

John Di Rico wrote:

We plan to release it at the end of the month!

Hello John,

Thank you for the information. I am looking forward to test the new software.

[Módosítva: 2015-09-14 02:45 GMT]

Robert Connal
Robert Connal  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 03:34
Finnish to English
Temrinology wildcards in Worfast Pro 4? Dec 24, 2015

I have been using Wordfast 4 Pro since the Beta was released, and I like it enormousy.

The one possible problem I have is with glossaries. Will the final version fully support the terminology wildcards from Wordfast 3?

Since I work in a highly inflected/agglutinative language, the ability to use wildcards is very important to me. At present, I find that wildcard entries that work perfectly in Wordfast 3 might produce no matches in Wordfast 4 (using imports of the same g
... See more
I have been using Wordfast 4 Pro since the Beta was released, and I like it enormousy.

The one possible problem I have is with glossaries. Will the final version fully support the terminology wildcards from Wordfast 3?

Since I work in a highly inflected/agglutinative language, the ability to use wildcards is very important to me. At present, I find that wildcard entries that work perfectly in Wordfast 3 might produce no matches in Wordfast 4 (using imports of the same glossaries).
Collapse

John Di Rico
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Terminology improvements Dec 28, 2015

Robert Connal wrote:

Since I work in a highly inflected/agglutinative language, the ability to use wildcards is very important to me. At present, I find that wildcard entries that work perfectly in Wordfast 3 might produce no matches in Wordfast 4 (using imports of the same glossaries).

Thanks for your feedback Robert and glad to hear that you like WFP4!

We are doing a lot of work on terminology, this issue in particular. I'm not sure when it will be fixed as we have a lot of other critical development tickets to get through before the public release. However, it is on our radar and will be addressed!

John Di Rico
www.wordfast.com

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro 4 Online Beta Program

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »