Lee Lebel-Canto
Lee Lebel-Canto
France
Local time: 01:17
English to French
+ ...
Jun 5, 2014

Hello,

I translated a file in WP. In order to work with a proofreader who does not use WP and currently has a problem with her copy of Word, I'm trying to export a Bilingual Review File generated in WP that can be imported and reviewed in WFA, then back imported back into WP after the review.

In WFA, I have followed the very limited instructions:

"Upload the DOC/RTF file from Offline Review Tool. Caution, the import will not work with track changes in the f
... See more
Hello,

I translated a file in WP. In order to work with a proofreader who does not use WP and currently has a problem with her copy of Word, I'm trying to export a Bilingual Review File generated in WP that can be imported and reviewed in WFA, then back imported back into WP after the review.

In WFA, I have followed the very limited instructions:

"Upload the DOC/RTF file from Offline Review Tool. Caution, the import will not work with track changes in the file. Please accept or reject all the revision marks."

In WP, I did "Bilingual Export > Export Review" with "Track changes" and "Accept track changes" unticked.

But in WFA I get this error:

Offline Review Tool Import Error : File Import had an error. Please check you have correctly followed all the instructions for the Offline Review.

I then tried with many different options ticked and unticked in WP and even loading .txml or .doc formats, to no avail.

I sometimes get this other error: D:\Program Files\Tomcat 7.0\webapps\anywhere\files\ofrt\toReview....txml (The system cannot find the file specified.) (This is when I try to upload a txml file even though I know it goes against the instructions... just getting desperate I guess).

Please help me out, I'm running out of patience...

Thanks!
Collapse

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:17
Finnish to French
Why not TXML? Jun 5, 2014

I may be wrong, but I don't think a bilingual review exported from WFP is meant to be imported for reviewing in WFA. If your reviewer is going to use WFA, why not send her your TXML? TXML files should be interchangeable between WFP and WFA.

Lee Lebel-Canto
Lee Lebel-Canto
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
error, again Jun 13, 2014

Thanks for your answer.

The reviewer used Open Office and sent me back their file in .doc format. I cannot open it in WP, I get this error:

Cannot locate the parent file.

Possible causes:
1) The file was not created by Offline Review Tool.
2) The file is missing the custom document property WF-OfrtParentFilename.
3) The value of the custom document property WF-OfrtParentFilename is incorrect.
4) The parent file is not present in the
... See more
Thanks for your answer.

The reviewer used Open Office and sent me back their file in .doc format. I cannot open it in WP, I get this error:

Cannot locate the parent file.

Possible causes:
1) The file was not created by Offline Review Tool.
2) The file is missing the custom document property WF-OfrtParentFilename.
3) The value of the custom document property WF-OfrtParentFilename is incorrect.
4) The parent file is not present in the same directory, or has been renamed.

I think the error came from the reviewer editing the document beyond the target and notes columns (deleting the instructions at the beginning for instance)?

Thank you.

[Edited at 2014-06-13 15:02 GMT]
Collapse

Dominique Pivard
Finnish to French
Open Office vs. MS Office Jun 14, 2014

Lee Lebel-Canto wrote:
The reviewer used Open Office and sent me back their file in .doc format.

This could very well be the cause of the problem. You may want to try opening it in MS Word and saving it, hoping it will become an unadulterated DOC again.

Patricia Bowden
Patricia Bowden
Italy
Member (2013)
Japanese to English
+ ...
I have the same problem Feb 28, 2015

I do not think that is the cause of the problem. I only use Microsoft Office and I have been getting that same error message ever since they updated the software/website.

I have been copying and pasting in the corrected segments line by line in the meantime but it is incredibly time consuming.

I cannot even locate the manual to which they are referring.

Dominique Pivard
Finnish to French
Did you report? Mar 1, 2015

Patricia Bowden wrote:
I have been getting that same error message ever since they updated the software/website.

Have you reported the problem to "them", via the mailing list or the built-in facility (? > Bug report)?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WFA Bilingual Review Import Error

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »