Emmanuelle Guenette
Emmanuelle Guenette  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 23:20
Russian to French
+ ...
Jul 18, 2014

Hi,

I am having a problem getting WF Pro Demo to translate a file (for post-editing). The odd thing is that I have worked on very similar projects in Wordfast, and I don't understand why nothing is working this time.

I have 2 TMs to load (.txt files). I add them to the project, the connection is successful. Then when I open the project and choose "translate until fuzzy", the segments all remain empty and show 0%. TM lookup is empty.
I have tried to work on those s
... See more
Hi,

I am having a problem getting WF Pro Demo to translate a file (for post-editing). The odd thing is that I have worked on very similar projects in Wordfast, and I don't understand why nothing is working this time.

I have 2 TMs to load (.txt files). I add them to the project, the connection is successful. Then when I open the project and choose "translate until fuzzy", the segments all remain empty and show 0%. TM lookup is empty.
I have tried to work on those same files in MemoQ (converting the TMs to .tmx format using Olifant), and the same thing happened there. Pre-translate gave only 0% segments.

I contacted the production team - the files work fine on their end.

I understand I must be doing someting wrong, but what could it be? Any advise will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Emmanuelle
Collapse

Emmanuelle Guenette
Emmanuelle Guenette  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 23:20
Russian to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Jul 22, 2014

Update: it turned out to be a problem with the TM I had been sent

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF Pro Demo - Issue with TM for post-editing, empty segments

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »