Wordfast score question
Thread poster: TransArizona (X)
TransArizona (X)
TransArizona (X)
Germany
English to German
Aug 24, 2014

Hi there,
my name is Nadine I am a native German translator and am kind of a newby offering translations, I started using wordfast and have been signed by an agency and most of the time I go with the hassle of manually translating everything.
Sometime I use MT but rarely, here is my question:

I want to be able to offer higher volumes and am not quiet understanding the way a proofreader will judge my score, frankly I don´t want to ask the agency out of embarrasment.
... See more
Hi there,
my name is Nadine I am a native German translator and am kind of a newby offering translations, I started using wordfast and have been signed by an agency and most of the time I go with the hassle of manually translating everything.
Sometime I use MT but rarely, here is my question:

I want to be able to offer higher volumes and am not quiet understanding the way a proofreader will judge my score, frankly I don´t want to ask the agency out of embarrasment.
Is it better to have a higher score in fuzzy matches maybe like 60% than a manually " n/a " score on the side tab or even a "0" score when I used MT and edited after?

[Edited at 2014-08-24 19:00 GMT]
Collapse

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 17:26
English to Arabic
Nothing about the score Aug 24, 2014

Dear Nadine,

If I got you right:

No one will judge the score; it is all about the TM and similarity of text segments - nothing about you.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 17:26
Spanish to English
+ ...
The what now? Aug 26, 2014

I have been using WF Classic for some years now and must admit I have no idea what this question means. I've read it several times and am none the wiser.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast score question

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »