WF PRO error while saving translated file (docx)
Thread poster: Tom Jamieson
Tom Jamieson
Tom Jamieson
Brazil
Local time: 12:44
Portuguese to English
Sep 17, 2014

The message box title is "Filter Error" and the message is:

"Error while saving file.
Aspose failed to read file content. Please check log for more details"

My source file and txml file are both in the same folder, which is the same one I'm saving the target file to.

Any ideas? This is kind of urgent because if I can't get it working I'm gonna have to somehow copy each segment across by hand into a 14k word document full of images and tables :-/

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 17:44
English to Arabic
Aspose failed to read file content. Sep 18, 2014

Dear Tom,

The file is very large. Please try to go to Edit menu > Preferences > Memory Preferences, and change it to the last value. Restart Wordfast Pro. Go back to Memory Preferences to make sure the change remains, and try to open the file again.

I hope this helps.

If not, please open the source docx in MS Word, save it as doc, open the new doc in Wordfast Pro and pre-translate the document using the toolbar button Translate All.

I hope this
... See more
Dear Tom,

The file is very large. Please try to go to Edit menu > Preferences > Memory Preferences, and change it to the last value. Restart Wordfast Pro. Go back to Memory Preferences to make sure the change remains, and try to open the file again.

I hope this helps.

If not, please open the source docx in MS Word, save it as doc, open the new doc in Wordfast Pro and pre-translate the document using the toolbar button Translate All.

I hope this helps. Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Yasmin
Collapse

Tom Jamieson
Tom Jamieson
Brazil
Local time: 12:44
Portuguese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 19, 2014

The maximum memory setting sorted it out. The source file was very large (lots of images) so that explains it. Thanks very much!!

Yasmin Moslem
Egypt
English to Arabic
Memory Preferences Sep 19, 2014

Dear Tom,

You are very welcome. Many thanks for letting us know.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

Sinsonte63
Sinsonte63
Local time: 10:44
English to Spanish
Thank God for the Internet, Google, Proz, my peers and Yasmin. Nov 18, 2014

I too was inconvenienced with the same problem and did exactly as instructed and, voilà!!
Thanks!

Yasmin Moslem
Egypt
English to Arabic
You are welcome! Nov 19, 2014

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF PRO error while saving translated file (docx)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »