Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 09:53
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Sep 19, 2014

When I keep the function Display Translation Memory on, I notice that WFC v. 6.13 does not realize, that 100% matches are indeed 100%. Instead single words are displayed with yellow background, though they are identical in the source segment and in the TM.
When translating a document sometimes in between WFC does not recognize matches at all, even if I have translated the same segment a few moments earlier and a concordance search finds the translation right away.

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 08:53
French to English
Penalty Sep 19, 2014

Have you checked PB to make sure that a penalty hasn't been set for 100% matches?

Does this problem only happen on really short segments, or also longer ones?

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Happens only in some segments Sep 19, 2014

Most of the time 100% is shown as 100%, but then at other segments one or two words are displayed yellow and percentage is less than 100%, though there is no difference really. Fairly long segments, more than 10 words mostly.

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 08:53
French to English
Punctuation Sep 19, 2014

Are any of the yellow highlighted parts surrounded by some type of punctuation by any chance? I have noticed a pattern here, somehow punctuation or certain number formats will cause this behavior, it isn't usually a big deal for me, just an occasional hiccup!

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Finnish to French
100% or 101%? Sep 19, 2014

Are you sure it's a 100% match and not a 101% match? If you have enabled in-context matches (under the TM rules tab), there's a glitch in 6.13 that displays such matches (101%) with a yellow background. It has been fixed recently in the latest 6.14 (beta).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WFC: 100% matches seen as fuzzy

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »