Failed to leverage ...TM - unknown assets 'D'
Thread poster: Dr. phil. Christiane Bohnert
Dr. phil. Christiane Bohnert
Dr. phil. Christiane Bohnert  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:49
English to German
Sep 20, 2014

I am getting a frequent error message "Failed to leverage...unknown assets 'D'" when trying to commit the current segment and jump to the next. Since I have to confirm the message (press ok), it interrupts my work. How do I tackle this problem.

Thank you.

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 15:49
English to Arabic
Those characters should be cleaned Sep 20, 2014

Dear Dr. phil. Christiane Bohnert,

It seems the TM needs cleaning. Please feel free to send it to me if you like me to clean it for you.

Kind regards,
Yasmin (WF)

Phoenix III
Phoenix III  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:49
Spanish to English
+ ...
Error message Nov 11, 2014

I am working on a very large project and I am trying changing the translation on a TU but instead of populating the entire document wherever the same phrase appears I'm having to do it manually. I had corrected the entire document last night. Today, I found WF had changed it back to the original version! I lost all I had done and I noticed that those TU are in orange whereas the rest are green. The error message I get reads:

Failed to leverage segment. The follo
... See more
I am working on a very large project and I am trying changing the translation on a TU but instead of populating the entire document wherever the same phrase appears I'm having to do it manually. I had corrected the entire document last night. Today, I found WF had changed it back to the original version! I lost all I had done and I noticed that those TU are in orange whereas the rest are green. The error message I get reads:

Failed to leverage segment. The following error occurred:
FoodSPtoEN.tx.tmx: Failed to leverage segment. Unknown Wordfast escape 'It;' in source

Enock Doguin tA;It;[email protected];tB;

I have Wordfast Pro trial version and I want to buy it but can't afford it just yet. :0(

This is very urgent since I have to turn in this project later on today but if WF keeps doing this and not saving my corrections... I'll be in serious trouble!

Thanks,
Collapse

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 14:49
Member (2006)
French to English
Process Nov 11, 2014

Dear Phoenix,

I'm not sure what happened but it sounds like one of these issues might be the problem:
- Not committing segments to the TM by pressing alt+down or up arrow (if there is a problem with the TM, you can open it with notepad, search for problematic characters and delete them)
- Not saving the file using the disk icon or Save from the file menu.

Hope one of these solutions works.

John

Yasmin Moslem
Egypt
English to Arabic
Wordfast Anywhere Nov 12, 2014

I have Wordfast Pro trial version and I want to buy it but can't afford it just yet.

You can use Wordfast Anywhere which supports all Wordfast Pro formats, including TMs. You can create a free account at: www.FreeTM.com and watch useful videos at: http://www.freetm.com/doc/videos.html

Kind regards,
Yasmin

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Finnish to French
What source document? Nov 12, 2014

Phoenix III wrote:
Enock Doguin tA;It;[email protected];tB;

What is the source document in which the above segment occurs? The segment only seems to be a name followed by an e-mail address.

&tA; and &tB; should be tags ({ut1} and {ut2}) in Wordfast Pro's editor. Note they should include an ampersand when stored in the TM.

It looks like < and > should be the HTML entities for the symbols < and > (lt = lower than, gt = greater than). Again, they should start with an ampersand when stored in the TM.

Something is preventing said segment from being properly stored in the TM. Difficult to say why without knowing the source document. I copied this segment in a blank Word document (with the e-mail address as hyperlink):

Enock Doguin < [email protected] >

No problem storing it in the TM, nor propagating it. < and > were stored literally (not as HTML entities), btw.

Yasmin Moslem
Egypt
English to Arabic
Cleaning the TM Nov 12, 2014

Still, the TM seems to need cleaning. You can contact me in private if you need help with that.

Kind regards,
Yasmin (WF)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Failed to leverage ...TM - unknown assets 'D'

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »