Thread poster: Andrey Lipattsev
Andrey Lipattsev
Andrey Lipattsev  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 22:35
English to Russian
+ ...
Oct 18, 2014

I have just installed Wordfast on a new computer (Mac OS X 10.9.5). I bought the original license in December last year, so it's still valid. I used the .lic fil originally sent to me and went through the standard process. The license passes verification, but when I open Wordfast, it still says "Wordfast Pro 3- DEMO MODE"

Has anybody seen anything similar? Any advice?

btw
... See more
I have just installed Wordfast on a new computer (Mac OS X 10.9.5). I bought the original license in December last year, so it's still valid. I used the .lic fil originally sent to me and went through the standard process. The license passes verification, but when I open Wordfast, it still says "Wordfast Pro 3- DEMO MODE"

Has anybody seen anything similar? Any advice?

btw. the link to "License an Application" on http://www.wordfast.com/www.wordfast.net/indexe2ef.html?whichpage=aftersale is broken. Is that just me or can others replicate that?
Collapse

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:35
Finnish to French
Request a new license file Oct 19, 2014

You cannot "recycle" an old license file on a new computer: your install number changed, so you need to request a new license file, as explained here:

http://www.wordfast.net/wiki/How_to_license_Wordfast_Pro

The name of the license file must match the install number displayed inside Wordfast Pro on your new computer. For instance, if your new install numb
... See more
You cannot "recycle" an old license file on a new computer: your install number changed, so you need to request a new license file, as explained here:

http://www.wordfast.net/wiki/How_to_license_Wordfast_Pro

The name of the license file must match the install number displayed inside Wordfast Pro on your new computer. For instance, if your new install number is 83650723, then your license file must be 83650723.lic. Any other license file (including the one you were using on your old computer) will not work.
Collapse

Andrey Lipattsev
Andrey Lipattsev  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 22:35
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Worked perfectly, thanks! Oct 19, 2014

Thanks Dominique!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast remains in Demo Mode after licensing

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »