Wordfast Pro 3.4.2 Released
Thread poster: Kristyna Marrero
Kristyna Marrero
Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:19
Oct 31, 2014

Hi All,

We are pleased to announce the release of Wordfast Pro 3.4.2, available for download from our website here - http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html .

Highlights of new features and improvements:
-Auto-propagation across all open files in TXML editor
-Implemented username configuration in Preferences
-Added Adobe InCopy Document ICML filt
... See more
Hi All,

We are pleased to announce the release of Wordfast Pro 3.4.2, available for download from our website here - http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html .

Highlights of new features and improvements:
-Auto-propagation across all open files in TXML editor
-Implemented username configuration in Preferences
-Added Adobe InCopy Document ICML filter
-Implemented the ability to ignore language variants upon TMX import
-New options for IDML, FrameMaker and MS Office filters (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)

View the full list here - http://www.wordfast.com/support_release_notes.html

As always, existing Wordfast Pro license holders can upgrade for free by simply downloading the new version.

Thanks for your continued support,

Kristyna
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 19:19
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
So... I should not log in to download it? Oct 31, 2014

Kristyna Marrero wrote:
As always, existing Wordfast Pro license holders can upgrade for free by simply downloading the new version.

The page you link to does not offer to let me log in. Does that mean that I should download the demo version and it will simply work as non-demo when I install it?

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 20:19
English to Arabic
Yes Oct 31, 2014

Samuel Murray wrote:

The page you link to does not offer to let me log in. Does that mean that I should download the demo version and it will simply work as non-demo when I install it?

Dear Samuel,

Yes, the license remains.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

Joseph Tein
Joseph Tein  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:19
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Use with Windows XP? Oct 31, 2014

I'm still using my old computer with Windows XP (and I can't upgrade to a newer operating system). Is this new version of Wordfast compatible? Any compatibility issues/obstacles that you're aware of?

Thanks.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Kristyna and Yasmin Oct 31, 2014

Why does it happen that since a longer time I am unable to download working installers? The site where the files are downloaded from is extremely slow, I need to wait for up to 10 minutes until the download starts. And when the file is finally saved it seems to miss a few last bits so the install does not work. This happens with all downloads starting from v3.4 with different browsers (Opera, IE, Firefox). How can I download a working installer?

Thank you,
Natalia

Minh Nguyen
Minh Nguyen  Identity Verified
Vietnam
Local time: 01:19
English to Vietnamese
The download link works Nov 1, 2014

Hi Natalia

Just want to let you know that I have never had any problem with the download link and the setup file.

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:19
Finnish to French
Speed problem is on downloader's end Nov 2, 2014

Natalie wrote:
The site where the files are downloaded from is extremely slow, I need to wait for up to 10 minutes until the download starts.

FWIW, I just downloaded all four installers (Windows, Mac, 32-bit Linux, 64-bit Linux) in five minutes:

Natalie
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
This seems to be not the case Nov 2, 2014

Hi Dominique, the speed of my Internet connection is 250 Mb/s, and these problems are with WF site only. Moreover, as I have told, I need to wait for up to 10 minutes (or even more) until the download starts (and the file is downloaded within a couple minutes afterwards). And the saved files always slightly differ by size (for example, 175 106 KB, 175 177 KB, 175 104 KB, etc.)

I don't have any problems with downloading huge files (I downloaded a 1.5GB dictionary file some tim
... See more
Hi Dominique, the speed of my Internet connection is 250 Mb/s, and these problems are with WF site only. Moreover, as I have told, I need to wait for up to 10 minutes (or even more) until the download starts (and the file is downloaded within a couple minutes afterwards). And the saved files always slightly differ by size (for example, 175 106 KB, 175 177 KB, 175 104 KB, etc.)

I don't have any problems with downloading huge files (I downloaded a 1.5GB dictionary file some time ago, and everything went quite smoothly). A 170MB WF file is rather tiny as compared with 1.5GB, isn't it?
Collapse

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
French to English
@Natalie Nov 3, 2014

I have also downloaded the installer just recently and had no problems. I wonder if your anti-virus could be the culprit?

Natalie
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Lori Nov 3, 2014

No, I have tried to turn off the antivirus and the firewall, and this did not change anything.

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
French to English
Perhaps someone... Nov 3, 2014

Could email it to you?

Marjolein Snippe
Marjolein Snippe  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2012)
English to Dutch
+ ...
glossary issues Nov 6, 2014

I have downloaded it and have started using it but there seems to be a bug in the way the new version handles glossaries.
Although terms in the source text that are in my glossary are recognised correctly, some terms which are not in my glossary are also recognised if they are a bit similar to an existing term. For instance, 'stroke' is in my glossary and in my current file, 'strong' is also recognised as 'stroke'. There is no asterisk in the glossary term. Similarly, 'presence',, which i
... See more
I have downloaded it and have started using it but there seems to be a bug in the way the new version handles glossaries.
Although terms in the source text that are in my glossary are recognised correctly, some terms which are not in my glossary are also recognised if they are a bit similar to an existing term. For instance, 'stroke' is in my glossary and in my current file, 'strong' is also recognised as 'stroke'. There is no asterisk in the glossary term. Similarly, 'presence',, which is not in my glossary, is now recognised as 'presenile'. Again, there is no asterisk in the glossary term. Adding 'presence' to the glossary with its translation does not resolve this - wordfast now recognises both and offers two translations. Removing 'presenile' and adding it again does not make a difference either. It makes it a lot trickier to work with a glossary.
Collapse

John Daniel
John Daniel
Local time: 12:19
Enable automatic fuzzy term recognition Nov 6, 2014

Hi Marjolein,

Go to Preferences > Terminology and uncheck 'Enable automatic fuzzy term recognition' check box

John

Marjolein Snippe wrote:

Although terms in the source text that are in my glossary are recognised correctly, some terms which are not in my glossary are also recognised if they are a bit similar to an existing term. For instance, 'stroke' is in my glossary and in my current file, 'strong' is also recognised as 'stroke'. There is no asterisk in the glossary term. Similarly, 'presence',, which is not in my glossary, is now recognised as 'presenile'. Again, there is no asterisk in the glossary term. Adding 'presence' to the glossary with its translation does not resolve this - wordfast now recognises both and offers two translations. Removing 'presenile' and adding it again does not make a difference either. It makes it a lot trickier to work with a glossary.

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
Important information on www.wordfast.com cannot be accessed Nov 7, 2014

Hello,

I'm interested to try out the newest version and eventually get a license.
On www.wordfast.com, both the Support > Documentation and the page about license info are not available ("page not found" message).

If I buy a license (also maybe on TGB buys here on Proz), how long can I use my downloaded version, and for how long am I elligible to upgrade? Can I use Worfast Pro on
... See more
Hello,

I'm interested to try out the newest version and eventually get a license.
On www.wordfast.com, both the Support > Documentation and the page about license info are not available ("page not found" message).

If I buy a license (also maybe on TGB buys here on Proz), how long can I use my downloaded version, and for how long am I elligible to upgrade? Can I use Worfast Pro on different machines?

Thanks,
Mike
Collapse

Marjolein Snippe
Marjolein Snippe  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2012)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Thank you John! Nov 7, 2014

jsingaram wrote:

Hi Marjolein,

Go to Preferences > Terminology and uncheck 'Enable automatic fuzzy term recognition' check box

John

I had never noticed that option before. Much better now, thank you!

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro 3.4.2 Released

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »