MonicaVFreit (X)
MonicaVFreit (X)
Brazil
Local time: 06:52
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jan 29, 2015

Hi,

I used to be able to translate from Excel 2010 using WC 3.0t but now, using the latest version and Excel/Word 2013 it just doesn't work.
I followed the same steps as before (below) but nothing happens.
Please help!
Thanks,
Monica

Open the Excel or PowerPoint file you want to translate.
- Place the cursor on the first cell or slide with which you want to start translation.
- Create a new MS Word document and save it.
- Now,
... See more
Hi,

I used to be able to translate from Excel 2010 using WC 3.0t but now, using the latest version and Excel/Word 2013 it just doesn't work.
I followed the same steps as before (below) but nothing happens.
Please help!
Thanks,
Monica

Open the Excel or PowerPoint file you want to translate.
- Place the cursor on the first cell or slide with which you want to start translation.
- Create a new MS Word document and save it.
- Now, you can start translation pressing Alt+Down. Remember that the Excel/PowerPoint file is still open, but we will work in the Word document.
- As you can notice, the text of the first cell/slide has been inserted in the Word document as a new open segment.
- In the Word document, write the translation in the target cell and then move to the next segment using Alt+Down, as usual.
- In the open Excel/PowerPoint file, you can notice that the translation has replaced the source text.
Collapse

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:52
Finnish to French
No longer possible with Office 2013 Jan 29, 2015

MonicaVFreitas wrote:

Yes, it won't work with Office 2013. It has been mentioned several times before, for instance here. You'll have to use Wordfast Pro, or Wordfast Anywhere, or some other tool that supports the PPT/PPTX format.

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:52
French to English
Or copy paste into word Jan 29, 2015

As described here - alternative method #2 and be sure to read the "potential issue" section!

http://wiki.proz.com/wiki/index.php/Translating_Excel_files_in_Wordfast

MonicaVFreit (X)
MonicaVFreit (X)
Brazil
Local time: 06:52
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you both. Jan 29, 2015

Much appreciated folks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating from Excel 2013 with WC 6.07x

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »