Thread poster: Patricia Torres
Patricia Torres
Patricia Torres  Identity Verified
Venezuela
Local time: 16:27
English to Spanish
Mar 1, 2015

Hi everyone!

I have a problem with Wordfast Classic. I had a long project with several files, and Wordfast didn't clean the headers and footers! There were a lot of them... all different. After cleaning the files, there was a change of style in WF codes (they were no longer hidden text and changed to the same style of regular text) and I had to delete the source text and codes manually.

I expect to receive a second similar project. I would like to include the segments o
... See more
Hi everyone!

I have a problem with Wordfast Classic. I had a long project with several files, and Wordfast didn't clean the headers and footers! There were a lot of them... all different. After cleaning the files, there was a change of style in WF codes (they were no longer hidden text and changed to the same style of regular text) and I had to delete the source text and codes manually.

I expect to receive a second similar project. I would like to include the segments of headers and footers in my memory. Can I use Wordfast Classic to do so? If so, do I have to delete the source text and codes one by one, manually, without Wordfast?

I am using Wordfast Classic 6.3 and Word 2010.

Thanks a lot!

Patricia
Collapse

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
English to French
+ ...
Feature broken Mar 1, 2015

Wordfast has not cleaned footers/headers for so long I barely remember that feature used to work.

What has to be done is to double-click in a header or footer, and start another Clean-up.

David Daduč
David Daduč
Czech Republic
Local time: 22:27
English to Czech
Check settings Mar 1, 2015

Just a quick check: Before you clean up a document with translated headers/footers, make sure the "Headers/Footers" box above the Clean-up button (on the Tools tab in the main Wordfast window) is checked. Does this help?

Jean Lachaud
United States
English to French
+ ...
Hasn't worked for years Mar 1, 2015

The headers/footers are not cleaned up, even with the check-box checked, unless the clean-up is initiated with the cursor inside a header or a footer.
At least in Office 2010.

David Daduč wrote:

Just a quick check: Before you clean up a document with translated headers/footers, make sure the "Headers/Footers" box above the Clean-up button (on the Tools tab in the main Wordfast window) is checked. Does this help?

Patricia Torres
Patricia Torres  Identity Verified
Venezuela
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Solutions proposed... not working Mar 2, 2015

I guess it is not working any more... When I clean up the file after doble clicking the header, WF do clean the text, but not headers or footers -even if I check "headers and footers" box.

Instead, style is changed (source text and WF codes adopt the style of text in headers and footers).

Anyway, thanks for your replies!

Jean Lachaud
United States
English to French
+ ...
It does happen Mar 2, 2015

That sort of things happens to me from time to time, too. I can't find a reliable way of reproducing or avoiding it.

Patricia Torres wrote:

Instead, style is changed (source text and WF codes adopt the style of text in headers and footers).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Headers and footers not cleaned

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »