eccotraduttrice
United States
Local time: 00:28
Italian to English
+ ...
Mar 5, 2015

Wordfast Version: 3.4.3
Windows 8.1

The parent file hasn't been moved or renamed, but I keep getting this error when I want to import my revised bilingual file. The file is large (bilingual review is 83 pages). What do I do?

Thanks!

eccotraduttrice
eccotraduttrice
United States
Local time: 00:28
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
a workaround Mar 6, 2015

In case anyone else ever has this problem, I will tell you what I did to fix it.

I figured that the problem might be that the file was too big, since that seems to cause problems for WF Pro in general. So I split it, created bilingual files for each half, then pasted in my changes from the original bilingual document into the new, smaller ones. I successfully merged the first half, but the second half still wouldn't accept the import. I split the second half, because it was still p
... See more
In case anyone else ever has this problem, I will tell you what I did to fix it.

I figured that the problem might be that the file was too big, since that seems to cause problems for WF Pro in general. So I split it, created bilingual files for each half, then pasted in my changes from the original bilingual document into the new, smaller ones. I successfully merged the first half, but the second half still wouldn't accept the import. I split the second half, because it was still pretty long, and the first half merged fine, but again, the second half wouldn't work. This time the message said there was an XML error. I figured out from the report which segment had the error, and although I couldn't find the actual error, I suspected that maybe Track Changes was causing some of the coding to be seen as erronous. So I accepted all the track changes in that segment. And finally, it worked!.

WF wouldn't let me merge all the split files back together, insisting that there were some pieces missing, so I just went through and committed all the changes to TM for each smaller file, then opened a fresh copy of the original TXML and Translated All, and it all worked out fine.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bilingual review import - Exception: The parent file has been moved or renamed

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »