Bhagavati
Bhagavati
India
Local time: 21:11
English to German
+ ...
Jul 5, 2015

Hello community,

I hope you may have some advise for me. I am still rather new to Wordfast and only beginning to find out about its depths.

I was working on a very large TXML file in Wordfast (proof) with over 15000 segments. The original file being an .idml file (InDesign, if I understand correctly). The whole time WF was sluggish in saving which I attributed to the sheer size of the file.

When done I looked for possibilities to enhance the spellcheck for
... See more
Hello community,

I hope you may have some advise for me. I am still rather new to Wordfast and only beginning to find out about its depths.

I was working on a very large TXML file in Wordfast (proof) with over 15000 segments. The original file being an .idml file (InDesign, if I understand correctly). The whole time WF was sluggish in saving which I attributed to the sheer size of the file.

When done I looked for possibilities to enhance the spellcheck for the translation I just had proofed because an overwhelming majority of segments just had various numbers - which would make the spellcheck painstaking.

Eventually I gave up and closed it. Then I wanted to open it again to prepare it for another project - and this error message appeared: /Users/bhagavati/.wf_workspace/.metadata/.log

Now, I am using a Macbook Air with Yosemite (just bought a few months ago) which has some Java issues with WF, that's why I was working with WF 3.4.3. Tried the 3.4.4 version - to no avail. Threw both versions in the trash and downloaded once more 3.4.4 - to no avail.

Found the issue on WF Wiki with some advise for Windows users but nothing for Mac. My feeling is, as I did not close the file itself in WF, that it is still sitting there and causing this problem.

Would someone here have any idea what I can do to make WF run again? How to get that file out of it?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Collapse

Alex Lago
Alex Lago  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:41
English to Spanish
+ ...
Contact Wordfast support Jul 5, 2015

Have you contacted WF support they are usually very quick in answering

Bhagavati
Bhagavati
India
Local time: 21:11
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Jul 5, 2015

... probably all enjoying their weekend! So, in the meantime, I thought, let's see what I can find out...

lawless
lawless  Identity Verified
English to Russian
WordFast Pro error Aug 20, 2015

I have other problems

I have updated Windows to v 10 and now have several problems with WF

The most common is "An error has occurred. See error log for more details.
Source field is required."

Plus no spellcheck and impossible to find words in the file..... Sometime problems with TM button, no reaction

The Java is the latest one....

Maybe someone can help with this issue?

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:41
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Contact support Aug 20, 2015

As advised to the topic starter, contact the WF support and send them the log file (BTW, if you still want to get an answer here, make the file available through a file sharing site or by any other suitable means, alas, this forum does not allow attachments).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro error

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »