SteveW
SteveW
Spain
Local time: 01:16
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nov 25, 2015

Hi,
I'm unable to import a TMX format TM into Wordfast 4.5.0. The (smallish) TM has been exported from Déjà Vu X 9.0.730.

When I try to import into Wordfast I simply get an error message saying "filename.tmx is invalid".

I've opened the TMX file in Olifant and can see no problem and have also resaved from Olifant. But still can't import into Wordfast.

Apart from TMX, the only other import option I can see is "Wordfast Classic" format. Is there a
... See more
Hi,
I'm unable to import a TMX format TM into Wordfast 4.5.0. The (smallish) TM has been exported from Déjà Vu X 9.0.730.

When I try to import into Wordfast I simply get an error message saying "filename.tmx is invalid".

I've opened the TMX file in Olifant and can see no problem and have also resaved from Olifant. But still can't import into Wordfast.

Apart from TMX, the only other import option I can see is "Wordfast Classic" format. Is there a workaround?
Collapse

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:16
Finnish to French
Missing line in TMX? Nov 26, 2015

Have you tried inserting the "missing line" in your TMX? It seems WFP4 expects such a line to be found in order to consider the TMX valid.

SteveW
SteveW
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Missing line added Nov 26, 2015

Thank you, Dominique. I'm sorry, I hadn't seen that earlier post.

Having added the 2nd line, the TMX file still won't import. My TMX file now starts like this:

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Meaning what? Nov 26, 2015

SteveW wrote:

I've opened the TMX file in Olifant and can see no problem and have also resaved from Olifant.

To which exactly format did you resave it from Olifant?

SteveW
SteveW
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
resaved as TMX Nov 26, 2015

I thought if Olifant detected an anomaly in the file, it might fix it automatically if I resaved as TMX with another name, which is what I did. I resaved as TMX because that seems to be the only import format Wordfast will accept apart from Wordfast Classic.

PS I've also checked my TMX file in TMXValidator (via Swordfish Translation Editor) and it shows as valid.

[Edited at 2015-11-26 09:25 GMT]

Dominique Pivard
Finnish to French
Try Wordfast Anywhere Nov 26, 2015

SteveW wrote:
Having added the 2nd line, the TMX file still won't import.

Try importing it into Wordfast Anywhere (www.freetm.com). This will let you export the TM in two different formats: 1) Wordfast native format, 2) TMX. Hopefully at least one of these will be acceptable to WFP4...

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Okapi Olifant Nov 26, 2015

…can also export TMs to Wordfast format. Try it.

SteveW
SteveW
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
exported from Olifant Nov 26, 2015

Thank you, esperantisto (and Dominique, too). I exported from Olifant to Wordfast (previously I'd only tried the "Save as" function) and am able to import the TM into Wordfast Pro 4.

Now all I need to do is get rid of the DVX codes!

Dominique Pivard
Finnish to French
Heartsome Nov 26, 2015

SteveW wrote:
Now all I need to do is get rid of the DVX codes!

Heartsome TMX Editor (free) can do this: Edit > Delete all tags.

SteveW
SteveW
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
codes gone Nov 26, 2015

Excellent, thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem importing TM into Wordfast 4

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »