HELP! "An error occurred while saving the document" in WF4
Thread poster: rvb translation
rvb translation
rvb translation  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:52
May 25, 2016

Hi,

I'm translating a document using WF4 and each time I try to save the document as the translated file to see what it looks like I get that error message. It's a big document I've been working on for a week so I'm very worried.

Can anybody help? It's the only message I get, the file locations seem to be good.

Thanks!
Jeremy

John Daniel
John Daniel
Local time: 14:52
Error message May 25, 2016

Hi Jeremy,

What is the error message?

Thank you,

John

rvb translation wrote:

Hi,

I'm translating a document using WF4 and each time I try to save the document as the translated file to see what it looks like I get that error message. It's a big document I've been working on for a week so I'm very worried.

Can anybody help? It's the only message I get, the file locations seem to be good.

Thanks!
Jeremy

rvb translation
United States
TOPIC STARTER
Reply May 25, 2016

Literally just "An error occurred while saving the document"

John Daniel
John Daniel
Type of document May 25, 2016

What type of document are you translating?

Sometimes files don't align if you haven't copied all source tags to target. Can you send an email to wordfast hotline with the log file. Log file can be found in C:/users/username/.gs4tr.editor/full.log.

Thank you,

John

rvb translation wrote:

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:52
French to English
Things I would try... May 25, 2016

I'm just a brand new WFP4 user myself...

But some things I would try:

- retranslate a copy of the original file from the TM (from within the same project) and see if it will save

- nothing special or weird about the source file that needs to be fixed?

- check the transcheck tab - are any errors listed? could that be the cause of the error?

- email the hotline

rvb translation
United States
TOPIC STARTER
Reply May 25, 2016

Thanks Lori!

I will try those things. What's weird is that it was translating the document as my original file but then mysteriously stopped working midway through the document...and now won't do anything. Just the error message.

Could it be because I have a trial version?

Thanks everybody!

rvb translation
United States
TOPIC STARTER
log file May 25, 2016

Is it the same on a Mac? Can't seem to locate the log file...
I'm also using a trial version...not sure if that would affect anything.
Thanks!
J.

John Daniel wrote:

Sometimes files don't align if you haven't copied all source tags to target. Can you send an email to wordfast hotline with the log file. Log file can be found in C:/users/username/.gs4tr.editor/full.log.

Thank you,

John

rvb translation wrote:

John Daniel
John Daniel
On Mac May 25, 2016

On Mac it should be User/Home/.gs4tr.editor/full.log

Its a hidden folder and you have to run the command to unhide or show hidden folders to see it.

For WF not working can you force quit and restart Wordfast again.

Another tip to see if your source file will work is to Pseudotranslate. To do this go to Quick Tools and drop the source file in Pseudotranslation tab, then check create target translated file. Once you run Pseudotranslate and if you see target f
... See more
On Mac it should be User/Home/.gs4tr.editor/full.log

Its a hidden folder and you have to run the command to unhide or show hidden folders to see it.

For WF not working can you force quit and restart Wordfast again.

Another tip to see if your source file will work is to Pseudotranslate. To do this go to Quick Tools and drop the source file in Pseudotranslation tab, then check create target translated file. Once you run Pseudotranslate and if you see target file then your fill will go through the process without any errors. Highly recommend this step before starting to avoid any last minute hiccups.

Thank you,

John

rvb translation wrote:

Is it the same on a Mac? Can't seem to locate the log file...
I'm also using a trial version...not sure if that would affect anything.
Thanks!
J.

John Daniel wrote:

Thank you,

John

rvb translation wrote:

Collapse

rvb translation
United States
TOPIC STARTER
Issue resolved May 25, 2016

This issue was resolved by getting a "full" trial version and creating a copy of the poject, and recommitting the entire TM to a new TM. I'm now able to save as the translated file.
Thanks everyone for your help!
Jeremy

justsergei
justsergei
Japan
Local time: 05:52
What is a "full" trial version? Jun 24, 2016

I am using a trial version and have the same problem. Can you, please, explain, what does a "full" trial version mean? Is it a full (not trial version)?
Thank you!

rvb translation wrote:

This issue was resolved by getting a "full" trial version and creating a copy of the poject, and recommitting the entire TM to a new TM. I'm now able to save as the translated file.
Thanks everyone for your help!
Jeremy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

HELP! "An error occurred while saving the document" in WF4

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »