Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 09:26
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Sep 25, 2016

Hello

I'm the 2nd proofreader. The translator and the 1st proofreader should not make any edits to 100% matches, but... they just can't help themselves. So part of my job is to revert their edits back to the original matches. I can do that in WFP by using the segment changes pane and simply copy/pasting the oldest version of the translation back, but I was hoping that there is a quicker way of doing it, e.g. by using the client's TM server and getting WFP to simply overwrite all
... See more
Hello

I'm the 2nd proofreader. The translator and the 1st proofreader should not make any edits to 100% matches, but... they just can't help themselves. So part of my job is to revert their edits back to the original matches. I can do that in WFP by using the segment changes pane and simply copy/pasting the oldest version of the translation back, but I was hoping that there is a quicker way of doing it, e.g. by using the client's TM server and getting WFP to simply overwrite all 100% matches with the TM's match. Is that possible? How would I do that?

Or, is there perhaps a function like that in WFP itself (since the original match is present in the TXML file)?

Thanks
Samuel
Collapse

EvaVer (X)
EvaVer (X)  Identity Verified
Czech to French
+ ...
You can go through the versions in your TM Sep 26, 2016

by Alt+right/left. At least I can, maybe it depends on the settings. Try it.

Samuel Murray
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Eva Sep 26, 2016

EvaVer wrote:
You can go through the versions in your TM ... by Alt+right/left.

Thanks, but this only works on a per-segment basis. You can't even filter segments in WFP3, so I'd have to go to each pink 100% match manually (visually) to do this.

I also asked this question on the WFP3 Yahoogroup, but it appears that this is a deficiency of WFP3.

Samuel Murray
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I wrote a little script Nov 11, 2016

Samuel Murray wrote:
I'm the 2nd proofreader. The translator and the 1st proofreader should not make any edits to 100% matches, but... they just can't help themselves. So part of my job is to revert their edits back to the original matches.

I tried to create something that would process the TXML file, but that was too complicated. So I wrote a simple script that I can use within WFP itself to speed up the manual reverting.

It works like this: first you click in the active segment's target field, and press ~ (tilde), then click in the target text in the Segment Changes pane that you want to replace it with, and press ~ again. The script copies the old text and replaces the current active segment's target text with it. The script also comes with an option to automatically open the Notes dialog and add a semi-standardised note.

http://www.leuce.com/autoit/wfp%20revert%20100s.zip

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WFP3: How to revert changed 100% segments to original matches

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »