Spell-check
Thread poster: Lesley Clarke
Lesley Clarke
Lesley Clarke  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 22:52
Spanish to English
Feb 26, 2017

I have Word 2003 (Windows 8.1) and Wordfast Classic 5.92 installed on my laptop, that I only use for travelling. I am still trying to iron out one or two problems.

I cannot, for the life of me, get word to underline mispelt words in the target section. In fact, for some reason, I cannot even get Word to have English as the default language.

Any suggestions will be oh so gratefully received

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:52
English to French
+ ...
try this Feb 26, 2017

Setup | Segments | Set target segment language to TM's target language

This being said, I wouldn't recommend enabling spellcheck-as-one-writes with Wf, because it doesn't work well or even at all (not sure, I haven't used the feature in ages). I think (back of my mind, I'm not going to check) that it is even recommended against.

What I do is that I don't care about real-time spell-checking. When my translation is over, I set untranslatable and hidden text (I have macros
... See more
Setup | Segments | Set target segment language to TM's target language

This being said, I wouldn't recommend enabling spellcheck-as-one-writes with Wf, because it doesn't work well or even at all (not sure, I haven't used the feature in ages). I think (back of my mind, I'm not going to check) that it is even recommended against.

What I do is that I don't care about real-time spell-checking. When my translation is over, I set untranslatable and hidden text (I have macros for that) to "Do not spell- or grammar-check" and run a single spell check.
Collapse

Lesley Clarke
Mexico
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Feb 27, 2017

Thanks for your advice, JL. It didn`t work, unfortunately, but I think I need to reinstall the word programme.

Michael Wetzel
Michael Wetzel  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:52
German to English
Works fine with Wf 6.45 and Word 2016 Feb 27, 2017

I think I've always kept spell-checking on when working with Wordfast, but I'm not sure.

It certainly works fine with Wf 6.45, Word 2016 and Windows 10.

Is it possible to reinstall an older version of Wordfast? I could imagine more recent versions having trouble with very old versions of MS Word (especially anything older than 2007, when so many changes were made).

Lesley Clarke
Mexico
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Michael Feb 27, 2017

On reflexion, I was mistaken posting here in the wordfast forum, because it seems to be the Word programme that is not working properly.

But many thanks for the suggestions

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spell-check

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »