Germany
Local time: 21:56
Member (2016)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Nov 15, 2017

[quote]Mario Chavez wrote:

And again: I haven't asked for support for my "case", only how you handle such issues. You still insist on me trying to advertise my principles here on this board and I still don't know why you do, but as I cannot convince you of the opposite (as it is futile, obviously), you can think whatever you like
[end quote]

You may not be aware of this, but no one giving his/her free opinion in this or other forums needs someone else's permission to think what he/she likes. That kind of comment comes across as condescending.

You seem to operate under the impression that my disagreeing with you has the purpose of changing your mind or attaching particular objectives to your statements. That is, in itself, a failure of interpretation on your part. It may be necessary to remind you that agreement or disagreement with your positions doesn't have to meet your rules or expectations. Free speech, always expressed respectfully.

We are talking at cross purposes. Others that have posted here don't share my pount of view as well, but nobody is fussing around like you do. For the last time: I don't want to convince you or anybody else of my point of view but I clearly reject that I want to show off my greatness with this. Either you simply don't get it or you don't want to understand. Anyway, this was my last posting, it is really a waste of time and I deeply regret I dared to ask something here.

TonyTK
TonyTK
German to English
+ ...
Now we're getting somewhere ... Nov 15, 2017

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT wrote:

I dislike self-help books intensely. I hate conspiracy theories.

I'm not bothered either way about conspiracy theories, but I hate aubergines and I dislike dentists.

Inez Ulrich
Inez Ulrich  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:56
Member (2016)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Nov 15, 2017

The Misha wrote:

Inez Ulrich wrote:

I don't climb any ladder

What do you expect - a pat on the back? A medal? Most of us have our own ideas of what's ethical and what isn't, and they may well be very different from each other. Me, the closest I have ever come to declining work for ethical reasons was with a series of UN-related projects - because I consider the modern-day UN one of the most destructive, wasteful and corrupt bureaucracies ever known to man (the project ran its own course and dried up all by itself, saving me from having to make that difficult decision, but that' beyond the point here). Yet this is but my personal opinion, and I am not running around looking for validation. Neither should you.

We all have our opinions, and the business we are in makes it fairly easy to put your money where your mouth is. Don't like it? Well, say no - but do it quietly. Anything else is propaganda - and it "odet" to high heaven.

really? Another one who hasn't understood a thing? Stop wasting my time.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I just declined an offer because of the client the translation would be for

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »