Thread poster: Anna Konar
Anna Konar
Anna Konar  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 07:51
English to Russian
+ ...
Aug 5, 2008

i want to develop one russian site in net. this site is about bengali language learning - bengali lessons, grammar, words usage etc. the site is absolutely free and made for russian people who want to learn bengali. but as you know there's lack of info about bengali. i try to translate some articles about bengali structure, grammar, words usage, slang, differences between bangladeshi and indian bengali etc. i just want to make bengali learning interesting - not only boring grammar, but articles ... See more
i want to develop one russian site in net. this site is about bengali language learning - bengali lessons, grammar, words usage etc. the site is absolutely free and made for russian people who want to learn bengali. but as you know there's lack of info about bengali. i try to translate some articles about bengali structure, grammar, words usage, slang, differences between bangladeshi and indian bengali etc. i just want to make bengali learning interesting - not only boring grammar, but articles about it, opinion of usual bangalis about their language usage. so i need the help of bangalis to enrich this site. may be you know some interesting sources (may be some articles in blogs about bengali etc), or you can write something about bengali language (your opinion about your native bengali language or your experience in studying bengali etc), or you can translate some articles about bengali written in bengali into english (as my bengali is too poor to translate from it) - and i'll translate all that into russian and will place on that site. i assure you that the site is absolutely free and nobody pays me for improving it. it's all just for people.Collapse

Subhankar Chakrabarty
Subhankar Chakrabarty  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 10:21
Member (2009)
English to Bengali
+ ...
Better late than never Nov 4, 2009

Hello,
I have just gone through your post today. I am feeling interested in helping you with this. I wonder whether you are still engaged in the process. Late me know.

Anna Konar
Anna Konar  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 07:51
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Impatiently waiting for help Nov 5, 2009

Yes, i'm still interested

Md Abu Alam
Md Abu Alam  Identity Verified
Bangladesh
Local time: 10:51
Member (2009)
English to Bengali
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Ready to help you.. Aug 4, 2010

Still interested? Well, I'm ready to help you.

Dr. Md. Farid
Dr. Md. Farid
Bangladesh
English to Bengali
+ ...
Agreeing with happiness Aug 4, 2014

Anna Konar wrote:

i want to develop one russian site in net. this site is about bengali language learning - bengali lessons, grammar, words usage etc. the site is absolutely free and made for russian people who want to learn bengali. but as you know there's lack of info about bengali. i try to translate some articles about bengali structure, grammar, words usage, slang, differences between bangladeshi and indian bengali etc. i just want to make bengali learning interesting - not only boring grammar, but articles about it, opinion of usual bangalis about their language usage. so i need the help of bangalis to enrich this site. may be you know some interesting sources (may be some articles in blogs about bengali etc), or you can write something about bengali language (your opinion about your native bengali language or your experience in studying bengali etc), or you can translate some articles about bengali written in bengali into english (as my bengali is too poor to translate from it) - and i'll translate all that into russian and will place on that site. i assure you that the site is absolutely free and nobody pays me for improving it. it's all just for people.

Sumit Sarkar
Sumit Sarkar  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 10:21
English to Bengali
+ ...
Bengali is not a single language Feb 26, 2015

Dear Anna
Finally that you have found some vaulanteers for your website, I would like to put my argument before you all in this regard. My am married to somewone who lives in Rarh Bengal i.e., western part of West Bengal. When she came to my house near Kolkata, my parrents failed to understand her. I had a neighbour who was very old during my childhood. She talked in a 'Bengali' that I failed to understand. This family had migrated to our place from Eastern most part of Bangladesh. This wa
... See more
Dear Anna
Finally that you have found some vaulanteers for your website, I would like to put my argument before you all in this regard. My am married to somewone who lives in Rarh Bengal i.e., western part of West Bengal. When she came to my house near Kolkata, my parrents failed to understand her. I had a neighbour who was very old during my childhood. She talked in a 'Bengali' that I failed to understand. This family had migrated to our place from Eastern most part of Bangladesh. This way I this a lot of language is wrongly named as 'Bengali'. The Bengali language we are working most of time is an official language of the Country Bangaladesh and the province West Bengal.
Thus Bengali is not a single language spoken by common people, rather it is a language officialy recognized by Governments.
Willing to get input from orhter friends of this forum.
Regards
Sumit
N.B.: I also may help you it this regards in helping with a perticular language spoken in the western part of West Bengal if you are intersted.
Collapse

engrsmb
engrsmb
Bangladesh
English to Bengali
+ ...
mention your website address Mar 18, 2016

please share your website address.

Thanks

Sharif Mahmud Bhuiyan
My published article: http://www.charpash.com/article/127

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

articles about bengali

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »