Thread poster: Moreechika
Moreechika
Moreechika
Bangladesh
English to Bengali
+ ...
Dec 9, 2009

Hello Everybody,

Can anyone enlighten me on how I can make use of "Paypal" from Bangladesh ?
I can't use or sign-up for it from Bangladesh.
Is there a way to do this ?

And if there is a way and if I signup, then can I withdraw money afterwards from Paypal to my normal Bangladeshi bank account ? How ?

Any advice will be highly appreciated. Advice from resident Bangladeshi members who are successfully using Paypal are especially sought !
... See more
Hello Everybody,

Can anyone enlighten me on how I can make use of "Paypal" from Bangladesh ?
I can't use or sign-up for it from Bangladesh.
Is there a way to do this ?

And if there is a way and if I signup, then can I withdraw money afterwards from Paypal to my normal Bangladeshi bank account ? How ?

Any advice will be highly appreciated. Advice from resident Bangladeshi members who are successfully using Paypal are especially sought !

Thanks in advance.

Best wishes,

Moreechika
Collapse

Donatella Cesca
Donatella Cesca  Identity Verified
Bangladesh
Local time: 22:01
English to Italian
+ ...
Very simple: no Dec 10, 2009

Hello
the answer is no simply because Bangladesh is not included in the list of countries where PayPal is operative. So if Bangladesh is not included there is no way you can open a PayPal account. After this answer maybe you will check my profile and there you will see that, despite I am residing in Bangladesh, I do have a PayPal account. This was possible because I have a bank account in Italy and I could open the PayPal account using my parents' address. In this way you can do it.

Moreechika
Moreechika
Bangladesh
English to Bengali
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Can you tell me... Dec 10, 2009

Hi Donatella,

Thanks for your reply.

Do you know whether I can sign up from Bangladesh, but provide the address of my friend or brother in the US -- or will PayPal block my IP from signing up from here ? 2ndly, if I can't do it from here, but my friend or bro does it for me from the US (under my name) and gives me the password - can I then login ?
3rdly, if the address is a US one, can the bank account be in Bangladesh ?
Finally, is it possible to transfer f
... See more
Hi Donatella,

Thanks for your reply.

Do you know whether I can sign up from Bangladesh, but provide the address of my friend or brother in the US -- or will PayPal block my IP from signing up from here ? 2ndly, if I can't do it from here, but my friend or bro does it for me from the US (under my name) and gives me the password - can I then login ?
3rdly, if the address is a US one, can the bank account be in Bangladesh ?
Finally, is it possible to transfer funds from PayPal to Moneybookers account ?

A lot of questions...thanks in advance for reading and attempting to reply !

Best,

Moreechika (Arif)
Collapse

Donatella Cesca
Donatella Cesca  Identity Verified
Bangladesh
English to Italian
+ ...
Read this Dec 11, 2009

Yes, you can sign up using your friend or brother name and address, but then this is not your acount, it is his. I actually use my name to sign up but providing my parents' address in Italy. For me the problem started when I had to connect my credit card to the account in order to be able to make payments online. The credit card was issued in Italy based on my italian current account, but the address provided in the credit card was this one in Bangladesh (the bank would not accept the italian on... See more
Yes, you can sign up using your friend or brother name and address, but then this is not your acount, it is his. I actually use my name to sign up but providing my parents' address in Italy. For me the problem started when I had to connect my credit card to the account in order to be able to make payments online. The credit card was issued in Italy based on my italian current account, but the address provided in the credit card was this one in Bangladesh (the bank would not accept the italian one because I am an officially Italian citizen residing abroad and I am registered as such for the ITalian Government). So when Paypal did all their checks before connecting the card to the account they found out that I am actually abroad. In this case, after several e-mail exchanges, what I had to do was to send them a certificate of residence issued by the Italian Embassy and this did the trick (or a bank statement or your electricity or gas bill, anything really to prove that you are residing in Bangladesh)

Regarding transfers from PayPal to a Bangaldeshi bank account, I am not sure you can do it as again Bangladesh is not a country included in their list. I don't actually use PayPal to transfer money to a Bank account in Bangladesh. If I want to do that I use my bank account in Italy (which has the online option) so that I can transfer money from Italy to Bangladesh via my computer.

Anyway, Paypal has a very good and quick assistance service. Try and ask them, what you can do.
For any other thing, do not hesitate to contact me.
Donatella
Collapse

Roy Chaudhuri
Roy Chaudhuri  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 21:31
Member (2006)
English to Bengali
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Paypal from Bangladesh Dec 17, 2009

Arif Bhai,

The solution may be that
1. Your brother opens a gmail/yahoo mail ID from US
2. He uses this ID to open a Paypal account.
3. You can give this Paypal ID to your clients to pay you.
4. From the Paypal account you can transfer the money into your brother's account in US.
5. Then you ask him to transfer the money to you in Bangladesh using any other money transfer methods like account transfer, western union etc.

Hope this helps
... See more
Arif Bhai,

The solution may be that
1. Your brother opens a gmail/yahoo mail ID from US
2. He uses this ID to open a Paypal account.
3. You can give this Paypal ID to your clients to pay you.
4. From the Paypal account you can transfer the money into your brother's account in US.
5. Then you ask him to transfer the money to you in Bangladesh using any other money transfer methods like account transfer, western union etc.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Sabyasachi
Collapse

Moreechika
Moreechika
Bangladesh
English to Bengali
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your reples... Dec 20, 2009

Thanks Donatella and Sabyasachi-da, for your replies and help.

The bottomline is, as I understand it from your discussion, I will need a foreign bank account (i.e. in any country that is included in PayPal's network) to be able to avail Paypal's services. Otherwise I will have to re-route my money through somebody else's account in another country, whether it's my brother or a friend.

Actually the reason I need Paypal is that, when someone offers me a quick small job --
... See more
Thanks Donatella and Sabyasachi-da, for your replies and help.

The bottomline is, as I understand it from your discussion, I will need a foreign bank account (i.e. in any country that is included in PayPal's network) to be able to avail Paypal's services. Otherwise I will have to re-route my money through somebody else's account in another country, whether it's my brother or a friend.

Actually the reason I need Paypal is that, when someone offers me a quick small job -- I often find it difficult to accept. The transaction cost for international bank to bank transfer (using "SWIFT") from other countries to mine seems to be around $ 25 -- $ 30 generally (I don't have a rate chart exactly). If that small job amounts to $ 50 or $ 100 to start with, then a deduction of $ 30.00 from that amount to cover the transaction cost is too steep for me ! Don't you think a loss of 25%-30% of your actual fee just to cover the transaction cost is too steep ? I feel I can and I do accept that loss when the actual fee is over a couple of hundred. (What do you think about that ?)

Now, I've found one alternative. I now use Moneybookers for such small amounts, where they go and accumulate and I can transfer a larger accumulated amount afterwards from Moneybookers to my normal Bangladeshi bank account via bank transfer (I still have to pay that $25-$30, but for one transaction instead of for each small amount).

But.... not all outsourcers use Moneybookers. Most in fact, it seems, don't. But many of them do use Paypal who don't use moneybookers. This is where I really need Paypal. For the small amounts which cannot be sent to the Moneybookers account because the outsources do not use moneybookers.

Anyway, thanks for your replies again !

Arif/Moreechika
Collapse

Quamrul Islam
Quamrul Islam  Identity Verified
Member (2009)
English to Bengali
+ ...
There's an alternative as well!! Dec 24, 2009

Yes, you can sign up for a Moneybookers account, which operates in the same way as PayPal. To sign up, visit: www.moneybookers.com, and you'll need to have:
- a valid mailing address (which will be checked by sending a code number by post)
- a valid bank account
- and off course, a valid email address.

Now, here's a warning: it's very difficult for people/clients in the US to u
... See more
Yes, you can sign up for a Moneybookers account, which operates in the same way as PayPal. To sign up, visit: www.moneybookers.com, and you'll need to have:
- a valid mailing address (which will be checked by sending a code number by post)
- a valid bank account
- and off course, a valid email address.

Now, here's a warning: it's very difficult for people/clients in the US to use Moneybookers. However, you'll face no problems at all when dealing with clients from other countries.

Good Luck and Happy New Year to you and to all others!!!
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

PAYPAL FROM BANGLADESH...

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »