Bangladesh
Local time: 05:41
Member (2004)
English to Bengali
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Jul 27, 2007

Dear All,
Welcome to the Bengali forum. Please feel free to discuss any issues related to Bengali translation, editing, proofreading, typing, typesetting etc.

Hope we would be able to make it a lively forum by helping each-other and discussing our professional issues in a friendly environment.

Sincerely,
Saleh

Desh Tutor (X)

Roy Chaudhuri
Roy Chaudhuri  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 05:11
Member (2006)
English to Bengali
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Great Jul 28, 2007

This is a good initiative. This will connect the Bengali translators all over the world.

I have a query on good dictionaries in Bengali. I use Samsad English > Bengali and Bengali> English. AT Deb is another dictionary which is very popular in West Bengal.

I would like to know what are the other dictionaries my fellow Bengali translators use and how do they rate them.

Regards

Sabyasachi

[Edited at 2007-07-28 16:00]

Saleh Chowdhury, Ph.D.
Saleh Chowdhury, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
Bangladesh
Member (2004)
English to Bengali
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
I use Bangla Academy Dictionary Jul 28, 2007

Roy Chaudhuri wrote:

I would like to know what are the other dictionaries my fellow Bengali translators use and how do they rate them.

I use the Bangla Academy Dictionary published by the "Bangla Academy" of Bangladesh. It is a great dictionary and includes the updated Bengali spelling. I also use it as the standard Bengali spelling reference.

Hope you can get a copy of this dictionary at Kolkata.

Best,
Saleh

Munmun Banerjee

keshab
keshab  Identity Verified
English to Bengali
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Dictionary Jul 29, 2007

I use Samsad English>Bengali dictinary. I bought it myself and use it for today's updated English. I have some other dictionaries Which I got as ancestral property, i.e. A.T Deb (which my father got as a prize when he stood first at his class Nine), Chalantika(Bengali>Bengali),Castles(English>English) etc.

I also use Systech online dictionary at www.bangladict.org. But I think it should be more de
... See more
I use Samsad English>Bengali dictinary. I bought it myself and use it for today's updated English. I have some other dictionaries Which I got as ancestral property, i.e. A.T Deb (which my father got as a prize when he stood first at his class Nine), Chalantika(Bengali>Bengali),Castles(English>English) etc.

I also use Systech online dictionary at www.bangladict.org. But I think it should be more developed in view of treasures

[Edited at 2007-07-29 04:43]
Collapse

Chhanda Paul & Adyut Paul
Chhanda Paul & Adyut Paul
India
English to Bengali
+ ...
Dictionary Dec 24, 2007

Hi Everybody,

Thanks to all for this nice forum. I would like to share one information regarding online dictionary. Although there is an online dictionary at www.bangladict.org but this is not so good. I found another which is really good. Link is www.ovidhan.org. I think you will also get benefit from this.
... See more
Hi Everybody,

Thanks to all for this nice forum. I would like to share one information regarding online dictionary. Although there is an online dictionary at www.bangladict.org but this is not so good. I found another which is really good. Link is www.ovidhan.org. I think you will also get benefit from this.

Regrads

adyut
Collapse

Roy Chaudhuri
Roy Chaudhuri  Identity Verified
India
Member (2006)
English to Bengali
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Thanks Dec 28, 2007

Thanks Adyut. This was looks really good and useful!!!

Saleh Chowdhury, Ph.D.
Bangladesh
Member (2004)
English to Bengali
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Online English to Bengali Dictionary Mar 18, 2008

Hi Roy, Adyut, Keshab and Others,
There is another online Bengali Dictionary that loads faster and has a user friendly interface.

You can find it here: http://www.bdwebguide.com/bengalidictionary.php

In my opinion, this is the best among all the online English to Bangla Dictionary.

[Уредено на 2008-04-24 18:16]

Saleh Chowdhury, Ph.D.
Bangladesh
Member (2004)
English to Bengali
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
More Bengali Dictionaries Aug 2, 2009

I found two other good Bangla dictionaries:

English to Bengali Dictionary: http://www.banglacode.com/English-Bengali/index.php

Bengali to English Dictionary: http://www.banglacode.com/Bengali-English/index.php

keshab
keshab  Identity Verified
English to Bengali
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Thanks Aug 7, 2009

Thanks a lot Adyut and Saleh Bhai. You have done a great job indeed!

Bangla Dictionary Jul 31, 2010

The dictionary at

http://www.bdwebguide.com/bengalidictionary.php

is nice but , it uses an image, that is not clear.

Also you can find a dictionary at this website;

http://www.abhidhan.com/

[Edited at 2010-07-31 11:25 GMT]

Md Abu Alam
Md Abu Alam  Identity Verified
Bangladesh
Member (2009)
English to Bengali
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
English-Bengali Dictionary Aug 4, 2010

I use Bangla Academy English-Bengali Dictionary which is published by the "Bangla Academy". With 50,000 entries and sub-entries, it's excellent.

email2suman
email2suman
another link Nov 1, 2011

http://tinyurl.com/bengalinux

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Welcome to the Bengali forum

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »