Hassan Khattab
Hassan Khattab
Egypt
Local time: 17:10
English to Arabic
+ ...
Dec 6, 2019

Hi all,

I'm on the look out for a software or a WordPress plugin that can count the words in the files uploaded by a customer. This way the translation price will be calculated automatically. This feature is enabled on the websites of major translation providers. Could anyone help me out?
Thanks in advance.

Abdulrhim Ahmed

Maria Stella Tupynambá
Maria Stella Tupynambá
Brazil
Local time: 12:10
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Loco Translate Dec 7, 2019

You should install Loco Translate, it is very good and free.

For that you will need admin access to your client's WP Panel, to install the plugin and start working on the files. You will translate directly in the admin panel.

I use it to translate plugins and themes.
... See more

For that you will need admin access to your client's WP Panel, to install the plugin and start working on the files. You will translate directly in the admin panel.

I use it to translate plugins and themes.

Regards
Stella

https://localise.biz/help/management/translation-progress
Collapse

Hassan Khattab
Hassan Khattab
Egypt
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
This isn't what I'm looking for Dec 8, 2019

Thank you so much for your reply. However, this is not what I'm looking for. I need a plugin that can count the words in uploaded text files and calculates the price accordingly.

Abdulrhim Ahmed

Maria Stella Tupynambá
Maria Stella Tupynambá
Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
There is no way other than that Dec 9, 2019

Translation in WP are PO (.po) files and they have an specific folder in which they are installed, so you can access the panel and check how many words you have to translate for Arabic. But if you take the Theme or Plugin off that you won't be able to count only the words because they will come with a lot of code in the mix. I've translated many Themes and plugins so this is the best way.

Ask your client admin access to his site, install the plugin, go to the Theme or plugin that he
... See more
Translation in WP are PO (.po) files and they have an specific folder in which they are installed, so you can access the panel and check how many words you have to translate for Arabic. But if you take the Theme or Plugin off that you won't be able to count only the words because they will come with a lot of code in the mix. I've translated many Themes and plugins so this is the best way.

Ask your client admin access to his site, install the plugin, go to the Theme or plugin that he needs the translation and check how many words there are to be translated.

Regards
Stella

[Edited at 2019-12-09 00:26 GMT]
Collapse

Maria Stella Tupynambá
Maria Stella Tupynambá
Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Just an idea if it's not too big Dec 9, 2019

After installing Loco Translate you can copy all language in the segments and paste on a Word file. Count it and send to your client.

Regards;
Stella

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 16:10
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Hassan doesn't want to translate Wordpress (or plugins or themes) Dec 9, 2019

Stella (BR-PT) wrote:

Stella (BR-PT) wrote:
Translation in Wordpress are PO (.po) files...

Correct me if I 'm wrong, Hassan, but it is my understanding that Hassan doesn't want to translate Wordpress. Instead, he wants to use a Wordpress based web site as a portal for clients to upload files (i.e. business documents) to be translated, and he wants some utility that would count those uploaded files' words.

Hassan Khattab

Hassan Khattab
Hassan Khattab
Egypt
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
This is exactly what I'm looking for. Dec 9, 2019

Many thanks, Samuel. You have described my issue most perfectly.

Maria Stella Tupynambá
Maria Stella Tupynambá
Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In this case you will have to contact a developer Dec 9, 2019

There are plugins and they are Form Builders that have that option. I remember that a year ago I did a quotation form with basic calculation for a client with Contact Form 7 (not really sure now!). This is very simple and the developer will do that really quickly.

But a plugin just specifically developed to do that I don't remember on WP just because the Form Plugins normally do this if you have some help from a specialized person. Or you just have to develop one just the way you ne
... See more
There are plugins and they are Form Builders that have that option. I remember that a year ago I did a quotation form with basic calculation for a client with Contact Form 7 (not really sure now!). This is very simple and the developer will do that really quickly.

But a plugin just specifically developed to do that I don't remember on WP just because the Form Plugins normally do this if you have some help from a specialized person. Or you just have to develop one just the way you need, a professional will be able to help you to implement it on the Website.
Collapse

Hassan Khattab

Hassan Khattab
Hassan Khattab
Egypt
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Helpful Info Dec 9, 2019

Stella (BR-PT) wrote:

But a plugin just specifically developed to do that I don't remember on WP just because the Form Plugins normally do this if you have some help from a specialized person. Or you just have to develop one just the way you need, a professional will be able to help you to implement it on the Website.

Thanks for the information. This is so helpful.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Text file word count tool for a WordPress site

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »