Thread poster: mek0n
mek0n
mek0n  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:18
Member (2014)
German to English
Aug 9, 2018

I don't know why but in the project I am working on I don't have a Matchboard tab (others are ok). I can't find any way of opening the Matchboard. Can anyone help? Normally it seems to be there by default.
TIA

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Made floating? Aug 9, 2018

mek0n wrote:

I don't know why but in the project I am working on I don't have a Matchboard tab (others are ok). I can't find any way of opening the Matchboard. Can anyone help? Normally it seems to be there by default.
TIA

Perhaps the Matchboard has been made floating? As far as I know, it cannot be closed at all.

mek0n
mek0n  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2014)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Think I found a workaround Aug 9, 2018

Thanks, Hans, I hadn't thought of that possibility, but Matchboard if it is floating is not floating anywhere I can see, nor is there any way I can find of unfloating it.

I found however that if I closed the project and CT and then reopened CT and any other project, then closed that, and reopened my problem project, the Matchboard magically reappeared. So that appears to be one solution at least,

Regards, Ross

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
FTR Aug 9, 2018

mek0n wrote:

Thanks, Hans, I hadn't thought of that possibility, but Matchboard if it is floating is not floating anywhere I can see, nor is there any way I can find of unfloating it.

I found however that if I closed the project and CT and then reopened CT and any other project, then closed that, and reopened my problem project, the Matchboard magically reappeared. So that appears to be one solution at least,

Regards, Ross

Not sure which OS you are using, but FTR, if you're on macOS: press Fn+F3 to show all panes. There must be a corresponding keyboard shortcut for Windows/Linux.

mek0n
mek0n  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2014)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
ftr... Aug 9, 2018

My operating system is Windows.
What is the title of your Fn+F3 shortcut in Preferences? - that might help me find the Windows equivalent

Samuel Keating
Samuel Keating  Identity Verified
Iceland
Member (2011)
English to French
+ ...
bug? Jun 27, 2019

Hans Lenting wrote:

Perhaps the Matchboard has been made floating? As far as I know, it cannot be closed at all.

I pressed Ctrl+W by accident (the w and z exchange places on the French keyboard), and it definitely shut the Matchboard.

After a LONG time spent trying to figure out and research how it could be restarted, I finally shut down CafeTran completely and when I restarted it, it had reappeared. (Unfortunately, simply closing the project didn't do anything -- CafeTran has to be completely shut down.)

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Create a Project Template Jun 30, 2019

Samuel Keating wrote:

After a LONG time spent trying to figure out and research how it could be restarted, I finally shut down CafeTran completely and when I restarted it, it had reappeared. (Unfortunately, simply closing the project didn't do anything -- CafeTran has to be completely shut down.)

You don't have to shut down CafeTran Espresso 10 Croissant completely, when you use the magnificent Project Templates.

In a new or existing project, arrange all your favourite resources and select the languages and file format that you want to use for similar projects. Make sure that the Matchboard is visible. Save your arrangement as a new Project Template.

Next time when you inadvertently closed the Matchboard, close your current project from the Project menu. In the Dashboard menu select the correct Project Template and reopen your project: the Matchboard will be displayed again.

Screenshot 2019-06-30 at 09.20.48

PS It would be nice if Project Templates could be loaded via the Project menu, e.g. to restore a pane arrangement or to switch to an alternative arrangement, e.g. for reviewing.

[Edited at 2019-06-30 09:59 GMT]

Yaotl Altan

Camille Mather
Camille Mather  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 13:18
French to English
+ ...
shift F3, I think, no? Fn + F3 does nothing for me on Mac Feb 17, 2021

Hans Lenting wrote:

mek0n wrote:

Regards, Ross

Not sure which OS you are using, but FTR, if you're on macOS: press Fn+F3 to show all panes. There must be a corresponding keyboard shortcut for Windows/Linux.

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Setting Feb 17, 2021

Perhaps this setting is relevant?

Untitled

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't see Matchboard

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »