S Rausch
S Rausch  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:12
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Mar 1, 2021

I use Déjà Vu X Professional.
I have my own memory for a specific client and the client provides pretranslated files but does not provide the memories they use to me.
I often find that I have the correct exact or guaranteed match in my memory, but the pretranslated exact or guaranteed match from the client is not correct.
I want to use my own memory to pretranslate the text again and replace the existing guaranteed and exact matches with matches from my memory unless I am alr
... See more
I use Déjà Vu X Professional.
I have my own memory for a specific client and the client provides pretranslated files but does not provide the memories they use to me.
I often find that I have the correct exact or guaranteed match in my memory, but the pretranslated exact or guaranteed match from the client is not correct.
I want to use my own memory to pretranslate the text again and replace the existing guaranteed and exact matches with matches from my memory unless I am already the user that created or used them.
How do I do that?
At the moment this either creates multiple matches and I still need to check which of the matches is the correct one or the incorrect matches are not replaced with what I have in the memory.
How do I tell DVX to look at the user that created or last used a match? I cannot find an option for that in the preferences or options.
Can I create a filter to do that? I know nothing about SQL so I'd need exact instructions to do this.

I hope someone can help, it is beyond frustrating how user unfriendly I find DVX!
Collapse

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:12
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Create an extra TM ... Mar 1, 2021

S Rausch wrote:

it is beyond frustrating how user unfriendly I find DVX!

... for the pre-translated entries in the files you get (kind of "junk TM"), feed that TM with the client's files (import), and run the TM in parallel with your preferred TM. Assign a penalty (% Abzug) to the client's TM and then erase all segments in the client's file. Your very own TM then would be the preferred one for the matches and you will see, how user-friendly DVX still is. Of course, you will still have to choose and check which segments of what TM apply, but isn't that your task anyway?

[Bearbeitet am 2021-03-01 21:08 GMT]

Yolanda Broad

Matthias Brombach
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Did you succeed... Mar 2, 2021

S Rausch wrote:
I hope someone can help

...finally and if so, how?

Matthias Brombach
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Still waiting ... Mar 11, 2021

... for your answer. To resume: You asked for help, I proposed help, and then ... no reaction. Perhaps other colleagues are faced with the same problem you have (or had) and would like to know for what solution you opted. No answer at all is quite impolite, don't you think?

Wolfgang Schoene

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pretranslate - filter matches for specific user

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »