How to align bilingual html files using MemoQ Livedocs?
Thread poster: Xiao Chen
Xiao Chen
Xiao Chen
China
May 21, 2018

Hey guys,

I downloaded two identical html files in English and Simplified Chinese. When I imported the two files in livedocs to align, it popped up a warning said: ''Not all documents are paired. If you click yes now, memoQ will not import unlinked documents.''

What confuse me is that what could go wrong given their identical html format? Should I adjust the import filter settings?

Thanks so much!

CD_Schuster
CD_Schuster
Germany
Local time: 10:13
German to English
+ ...
Link documents May 26, 2018

You need to link (=pair) the documents, to tell memoQ which English file corresponds to which Chinese file (even if only one file per language is available). memoQ tries to automatically identify pairs by analysing the file names, but if a pairing cannot be found, you have to link them manually by marking both and clicking "Link documents".

You can find further information on this in
... See more
You need to link (=pair) the documents, to tell memoQ which English file corresponds to which Chinese file (even if only one file per language is available). memoQ tries to automatically identify pairs by analysing the file names, but if a pairing cannot be found, you have to link them manually by marking both and clicking "Link documents".

You can find further information on this in memoQ's help: https://help.memoq.com/8-4/en/Places/add-multiple-files-for-alignme.html?Highlight=Alignment

Greetings,
Chris
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to align bilingual html files using MemoQ Livedocs?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »