Thread poster: Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:19
English to French
Aug 5, 2020

Hello there,

Just an acknowledgement. I think it's good to post about things that go well too.

After a BSoD with Win 10, I couldn't open my ongoing project with my very outdated version of MemoQ 2013 R2 (v6.8.6). My license was found invalid. I tried with the extra license code (the one ending with 2), which worked last time it happened, to no avail.

It's a 40kword (Trados) project, and I don't save it as a bilingual file each day, which is a mistake. Deliv
... See more
Hello there,

Just an acknowledgement. I think it's good to post about things that go well too.

After a BSoD with Win 10, I couldn't open my ongoing project with my very outdated version of MemoQ 2013 R2 (v6.8.6). My license was found invalid. I tried with the extra license code (the one ending with 2), which worked last time it happened, to no avail.

It's a 40kword (Trados) project, and I don't save it as a bilingual file each day, which is a mistake. Delivery is Friday, and I'm not precisely ahead of time. I was livid.

Already thinking at the kind of excuse I could fabricate to request an extension to the agency, I sent a support ticket from the online form explaining the issue, tagging it with the "critical" label. Because I felt it was. But being a customer who doesn't contribute to the SMA income stream, I thought I'd be at the very bottom of the pile and replied to in a few days.

FIFTEEN minutes later, I had a human answer with clear instructions on how to proceed to save my skin. There was also the warning that my support agreement (SMA) was outdated by many many years, and if that fix didn't work, well, I had to contact sales.
But it worked.

I have been loyal to MemoQ since 2008, when it was still a "challenger", but for ideological reasons, I have followed their SMA stuff only when "forced" by OS upgrades or agencies updating their versions. Knowing that I still can rely on (limited, but nevertheless critical) support is very comforting. The world hasn't turned into a nasty place everywhere!

Thank you MemoQ Support and well done.

Philippe

Edit: I didn't state what time it was: 7.15pm Spanish/Hungarian time!

[Edited at 2020-08-05 18:34 GMT]
Collapse

expressisverbis
Giovanni Milone
Zibow Retailleau
John Fossey
Sara Mc.Andrews

Christophe Delaunay
Christophe Delaunay  Identity Verified
France
Spanish to French
+ ...
Thank you for... Aug 5, 2020

this nice positive post. You're right, Philippe.. a bit of good news is more than welcome these days!

expressisverbis
Philippe Etienne

Lucia Messuti
Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
MemoQ vs. Studio Aug 6, 2020

What's your (and your collegues) opinion and feeling about Memoq vs. Studio?

Neil Ashby
Neil Ashby
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
I do pay for memoQ SMA and I find the support worthless! Aug 20, 2020

Good for you Philippe.
Whenever I try to get help through memoQ it's terrible. There's absolutely no benefit in paying 140€/year for support, I always get better solutions from other forums (like here).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Outstanding response from MemoQ support

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »