101%/100% segments don't get confirmed after pretranslating
Thread poster: Dominic D.
Dominic D.
Dominic D.
Local time: 11:04
Serbian to Russian
+ ...
May 4, 2021

Has anyone ever had an issue with 101%/100% segments not getting automatically confirmed after pretranslating? Even with the project template duly configured (actions after import)? It's very annoying.

Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
Server project? May 10, 2021

In my experience, they SHOULDN'T be automatically confirmed.

The auto-confirmed segment class is "locked".

100's and 101's are very far from reliable on shared TMs, especially if permissions are limited (typical scenario: segments aren't set to be joinable for some reason, oddball fragmentation of segments leads to names dates or addresses getting put into the TM in reverse order etc.)

Also, there's always the "other people working for this client are care
... See more
In my experience, they SHOULDN'T be automatically confirmed.

The auto-confirmed segment class is "locked".

100's and 101's are very far from reliable on shared TMs, especially if permissions are limited (typical scenario: segments aren't set to be joinable for some reason, oddball fragmentation of segments leads to names dates or addresses getting put into the TM in reverse order etc.)

Also, there's always the "other people working for this client are careless idgits" pitfalls.

In conclusion: 100's and 101's are about as reliable as autocomplete when typing an SMS message. They should never ever be auto-confirmed.
Collapse

Dominic D.
Dominic D.
Serbian to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Well... May 10, 2021

Well, ok, that's your opinion based on your personal experience. But this doesn't really explain why the application won't do as I say IF I configure the project template to auto-confirm perfect matches.

Ines Radionovas-Lagoutte, PhD

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 13:04
English to Russian
Workaround May 10, 2021

I've experienced this issue before (obviously it should automatically confirm but it doesn't) and I don't know what causes this behaviour but I seem to know how to fix it. In Pre-translate options, Confirm/lock tab, select 'New status: reviewer 1 confirmed' and run the pre-translate task. Then, once you re-select 'New status: translator confirmed', from now on it will work as it is supposed to.
*If you worry about confirming wrong segments as reviewer 1, then choose any other document conf
... See more
I've experienced this issue before (obviously it should automatically confirm but it doesn't) and I don't know what causes this behaviour but I seem to know how to fix it. In Pre-translate options, Confirm/lock tab, select 'New status: reviewer 1 confirmed' and run the pre-translate task. Then, once you re-select 'New status: translator confirmed', from now on it will work as it is supposed to.
*If you worry about confirming wrong segments as reviewer 1, then choose any other document confirmed and delivered long time ago and just remove translation from a couple of segments. Then run pre-translate as I described above.

[Edited at 2021-05-10 14:04 GMT]
Collapse

Dominic D.
Dominic D.
Serbian to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thx May 21, 2021

Will test this, thanks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

101%/100% segments don't get confirmed after pretranslating

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »