AutoHotkey script for "Search TM/TB" KBS by hovering mouse pointer over word in src box in Memsource
Thread poster: Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:46
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Apr 16, 2018

I will occasionally be posting my Memsource-related AutoHotkey scripts here. Here is the first (tiny) one.

You can just hover your mouse pointer over a single word in the source box, and click a shortcut (F5 here, but can be changed), and Memsource will automatically trigger the "Search TM/TB" shortcut. Note that it only works with single words, as double-clicking on a single word in the Memsource Desktop editor select the word, which is a necessary part of my script.
... See more
I will occasionally be posting my Memsource-related AutoHotkey scripts here. Here is the first (tiny) one.

You can just hover your mouse pointer over a single word in the source box, and click a shortcut (F5 here, but can be changed), and Memsource will automatically trigger the "Search TM/TB" shortcut. Note that it only works with single words, as double-clicking on a single word in the Memsource Desktop editor select the word, which is a necessary part of my script.

;***************
; ! = Alt
; ^ = Control
; # = windows
; + = shift
;***************

; auto-search for terms in termbase in MemSource; executes a double click at the current mouse position

F5::
MouseClick, left
MouseClick, left
Send, ^+k ;sends: Ctrl+Shift+k
Return

;***************

Requires: https://autohotkey.com/

Michael

PS: note that in AHK code, a semicolon comments stuff out, so anything after a ; is just commentary, and won't be executed.
Collapse

Jaroslaw Michalak
Jaroslaw Michalak  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 17:46
Member (2004)
English to Polish
SITE LOCALIZER
Not working here... Jan 30, 2019

For some reason Autohotkey does not work with Memsource (it does work with other software) for me. Funnily enough, I think I remember it DID work and I did not change either of them since then.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

AutoHotkey script for "Search TM/TB" KBS by hovering mouse pointer over word in src box in Memsource

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »