Thread poster: S_G_C
S_G_C
S_G_C
Romania
Local time: 11:07
English to Romanian
TOPIC STARTER
Quote May 13, 2020

Quoted 0.03 USD on a job here. Just to see what happens.
I got accepted.
Never heard from the agency since (more than a week has passed).

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:07
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
What happened? May 14, 2020

Sorana_M. wrote:
Quoted 0.03 USD on a job here. Just to see what happens.
I got accepted.
Never heard from the agency since (more than a week has passed).

I'm curious to know what happened here. You say you got accepted, so presumably you mean you got an email from them? What did it say? Normally, I'd expect attachments -- either the actual text file for translation, or papers such as an NDA to sign.

In the latter case, maybe there is no actual job at the moment. Was this marked "potential job"? You may just have been put on their database of translators, to be called on when their regular translator in your pair is unavailable. If so, it's rude not to acknowledge receipt, but you can't expect much from companies that pay low rates.

What stage had you got to when they went quiet? Did you follow up?

S_G_C
S_G_C
Romania
Local time: 11:07
English to Romanian
TOPIC STARTER
Accepted May 15, 2020

Sheila Wilson wrote:

I'm curious to know what happened here. You say you got accepted, so presumably you mean you got an email from them? What did it say? Normally, I'd expect attachments -- either the actual text file for translation, or papers such as an NDA to sign.

In the latter case, maybe there is no actual job at the moment. Was this marked "potential job"? You may just have been put on their database of translators, to be called on when their regular translator in your pair is unavailable. If so, it's rude not to acknowledge receipt, but you can't expect much from companies that pay low rates.

What stage had you got to when they went quiet? Did you follow up?

They said they accepted my quote and would be back soon with a sample translation (test translation).
It's May 15th today and still no further reply.

Miranda Miles (X)
Miranda Miles (X)
United States
Quotes May 21, 2020

My favorite quote its - In humility is the greatest freedom. As long as you have to defend the imaginary self that you think is important, you lose your peace of heart. THOMAS MERTON

Miranda Miles (X)
Miranda Miles (X)
United States
Quotes May 25, 2020

Miranda Miles wrote:

My favorite quote its - In humility is the greatest freedom. As long as you have to defend the imaginary self that you think is important, you lose your peace of heart. THOMAS MERTON https://quotesdepo.com/qt-in-humility-is-the-greatest-freedom

Seems interesting.

Michele Fauble
Michele Fauble  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:07
Member (2006)
Norwegian to English
+ ...
Quote as used in this thread May 25, 2020

Miranda Miles wrote:

My favorite quote its - In humility is the greatest freedom. As long as you have to defend the imaginary self that you think is important, you lose your peace of heart. THOMAS MERTON

give someone (the estimated price of a job or service).
"the agent quoted him a fare of $180"

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Non-members may quote after 12 hours

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »