Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Agency asking for credit note because end client does not agree with reported time spent
Thread poster: DorienVdA
IrinaN
IrinaN
United States
Local time: 04:45
English to Russian
+ ...
I wonder how much does cleaning lady make Jul 13, 2020

After taxes, expenses and supplies. Or is she exempt?

Gosh, it's so much easier to translate my favorite subjects than to clean a house....

DorienVdA
DorienVdA  Identity Verified
Panama
Local time: 04:45
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No disrespect meant for cleaning ladies... Jul 13, 2020

...but a qualified translator should always expect to be paid more than a cleaning lady. There are people who actually like to clean, but if you don't, you'd better study well. That's what my mother told me, who had to be a cleaning lady for a while before she could start studying again.

Oleksandr Ivanov
Christel Zipfel

Deborah do Carmo
Deborah do Carmo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 09:45
Dutch to English
+ ...
Outdated? Jul 16, 2020

Tina Vonhof wrote:

Your hourly rate seems very high to me - on your website you say that you charge EUR 25 per hour for various language combinations, that's about USD 21. You could make it $25 and it's still a very good rate.

Where is €25 a very high rate, Tina? No one I'm aware of doing NL>EN is charging that. The going rate starts at €40-50 even for agencies. Easily €70 for direct clients.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Agency asking for credit note because end client does not agree with reported time spent

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »