Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:31
Member (2004)
English to Italian
Nope #2 Feb 17, 2021

Matthias Brombach wrote:

Lincoln Hui wrote:

I am simply following what my white masters have decreed in no uncertain terms. It is not my place to have free will.

I see now that it was me who started this endless flow of legacy posts, because I ordered Lincoln to do so, as can be seen here:

https://www.proz.com/forum/money_matters/819-are_we_officially_in_recession-page2.html#2891488

(please scroll a bit up, when the link opens)

You may please forgive him, that he doesn't realize that proz.com wasn't alive in those times (at least not online and I don't know when they started with their printed edition): That's why he keeps on searching, and searching, and searching ...
Lincoln, stop it! Now!

It was a different post. He didn't like the answer and started this silly necro-thing... can't remember exactly.

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Italian
I don't care anymore... Feb 18, 2021

if that's what he wants... surely, he is not doing his reputation any good.

Angie Garbarino
P.L.F. Persio
expressisverbis
Mervyn Henderson (X)
Jo Macdonald
Zibow Retailleau

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Quoting a removed post.
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Quoting a hidden post.
Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
While the jury is still out Feb 18, 2021

Necroposting is annoying, but making attempts at assessing the psychological profile or needs of a colleague in a public forum is beyond the pale for me. Is it or is it not a personal attack? What does the netiquette has to say about that?

Stick to your specialties!

Daryo
IrinaN
Vera Schoen

P.L.F. Persio
P.L.F. Persio  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:31
Member (2010)
English to Italian
+ ...
Oh please Feb 18, 2021

Lincoln Hui wrote:

But then, of course, we all understand that it's not a problem if it's directed towards a yellow.

[Edited at 2021-02-18 15:05 GMT]

Do NOT play the racist card. We don't care what colour/nationality you are, your behaviour is extremely childish and that's what we don't like. You've been asked to stop plenty of times, yet here you go again, and again, and again ...

And learn what a metaphor is.

expressisverbis
Mervyn Henderson (X)
Andy Watkinson
Zibow Retailleau

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@tirata d'orecchie :) Feb 18, 2021

P.L.F.Persio wrote:

Is indeed a light metaphor not violence

https://context.reverso.net/traduzione/italiano-inglese/una%20bella%20tirata%20d'orecchie

Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 19:31
Chinese to English
+ ...
What behavior? Feb 18, 2021

Lincoln Hui wrote:

Do NOT play the racist card. We don't care what colour/nationality you are, your behaviour is extremely childish and that's what we don't like. You've been asked to stop plenty of times, yet here you go again, and again, and again ...

So we do agree that this totally unjustified, self-righteous crusade against necroposting is, indeed, gender-motivated?

We are all in agreement that necroposting is perfectly fine, and that the problem lies with the self-righteous, 'religious' people complaining about it. It's not in violation of any forum rules, the responses are perfectly on-topic, and the community has unambiguously put its stamp of approval on it. Why is it a problem now? Why the about-face?

And oh my, calling people names on a professional forum! I think someone once got very upset about it

In any case, I think we'll have to leave it to a court of law to decide what is a threat of violence and what is not. It's most certainly not up to the person who made the threat to decide.

[Edited at 2021-02-18 18:14 GMT]

[Edited at 2021-02-18 18:14 GMT]

Daryo

P.L.F. Persio
P.L.F. Persio  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2010)
English to Italian
+ ...
It's not the What, it's the How Feb 18, 2021

Lincoln Hui wrote:

We are all in agreement that necroposting is perfectly fine, and that the problem lies with the self-righteous, 'religious' people complaining about it. It's not in violation of any forum rules, the responses are perfectly on-topic, and the community has unambiguously put its stamp of approval on it. Why is it a problem now? Why the about-face?

[Edited at 2021-02-18 18:08 GMT]

expressisverbis
Zibow Retailleau

Lincoln Hui
Hong Kong
Chinese to English
+ ...
Do tell Feb 18, 2021

No personal remarks - check
Replies on-topic - check
No promotion of illegal piracy - check
No stalking individual users across topics - check

I wonder if the problem is that all the rules are being followed.

[Edited at 2021-02-18 18:50 GMT]

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I tell you... Feb 18, 2021

Lincoln Hui wrote:
And oh my, calling people names on a professional forum! I think someone once got very upset about it

2 Mutual respect, professionalism and fair play are expected.
Site users are expected to treat each other with courtesy, whether posting publicly or making direct contact, and are advised to act under the assumption of good faith.

4 Offensive language is not permitted.
https://www.proz.com/?sp=siterules&mode=show&category=general

Zibow Retailleau

IrinaN
IrinaN
United States
Local time: 06:31
English to Russian
+ ...
Off-top Feb 19, 2021

It seems like nowadays every other forum should be moved to "How did COVID affect your mental state"...

I can't believe how out of proportion things get blown - any tiny match sets a major fire. What is it - isolation, boredom, end of one's wits, sunken market, no access to usual places like restaurants, concerts, parties, friends' and family members' houses ????

Remind me again, what was the reason for so much anger and so many personal attacks and lecturing?

Lincoln Hui
Hong Kong
Chinese to English
+ ...
Thank you :) Feb 19, 2021

expressisverbis wrote:

Lincoln Hui wrote:

2 Mutual respect, professionalism and fair play are expected.
Site users are expected to treat each other with courtesy, whether posting publicly or making direct contact, and are advised to act under the assumption of good faith.

4 Offensive language is not permitted.
https://www.proz.com/?sp=siterules&mode=show&category=general

Indeed - but remember, these rules only need to be enforced against certain people, and not others.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Resuscitation of 20 years old threads is disturbing

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »