Merging and splitting segments using the SourceForge Merge or Split Segments script (for Mac)
Thread poster: Nina Halperin
Nina Halperin
Nina Halperin  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 08:59
Spanish to English
+ ...
Aug 4, 2020

I just found out about a script that allows you to merge or split segments in OmegaT (https://sourceforge.net/p/omegatscripts/wiki/Merge%20or%20Split%20Segments/). In this tutorial, it explains how to use the scr... See more
I just found out about a script that allows you to merge or split segments in OmegaT (https://sourceforge.net/p/omegatscripts/wiki/Merge%20or%20Split%20Segments/). In this tutorial, it explains how to use the script in Windows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfia9NmnEho&t=910s. I have a Mac, but I downloaded Parallels so I could use certain translation programs that are only available for Windows. I was able to successfully use the script in OmegaT for Windows as explained in the video; I was hoping that installing the script in Windows would mean that it had also installed in OmegaT under the Mac OS, but that was not the case. I really prefer to use Mac, so I was wondering if anyone knows how to run this script for a Mac. The use of Windows has, for example, allowed me to use TransTools to clean a document before then loading the document into OmegaT under the Mac OS. Otherwise, I prefer to use the Mac OS. Thanks!

[Edited at 2020-08-04 02:50 GMT]
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 14:59
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Nina Aug 4, 2020

Nina Halperin wrote:
I just found out about a script (here) that allows you to merge or split segments in OmegaT. ... I really prefer to use Mac, so I was wondering if anyone knows how to run this script for a Mac.

This script is platform independent, as far as I know, so it should work fine on the Mac, if you installed it correctly. You should find out where OmegaT scripts are supposed to be stored on the Mac, and copy the script files there.

The tutorial you mention uses OmegaT 3.6, and the dialog is slightly different in the lastest version. In the latest version, to find out what the scripts folder is, or to change it, or to go to it, do this: in OmegaT, go Tools > Scripting to get to the "Scripting" dialog. Then, in the Scripting dialog, go File > Set Scripts Folder.., or go to File > Access Scripts Folder. (I'm not sure if these menu options are available on the Mac.) With the "Access Scripts Folder" option, it should open the actual folder on your computer where you're suppose to copy the script files to.

Nina Halperin
Nina Halperin  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 08:59
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked Aug 5, 2020

It worked, thanks so much Samuel! I guess the issue was just that I hadn't known how to install scripts in OmegaT under the Mac OS.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Merging and splitting segments using the SourceForge Merge or Split Segments script (for Mac)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »