How to avoid changing the numbers?
Thread poster: 1pedrodrigue
1pedrodrigue
1pedrodrigue
Spain
Dec 1, 2020

Hi folks,

I am using OmegaT 4.3.2 and I wanted to know what option should I change to stop it from changing the numbers.

For example:

I have 20 euros. --> Tengo 20 euros.

And then I try this:

I have 50 euros---> Tengo 20 euros.

What I really want is to get 50 instead of 20, What option should I activate?

Thanks!

Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:45
Russian to English
+ ...
numbers Dec 1, 2020

It seems like it is picking up a TM match from your earlier sentence (not a 100% match, because the numbers are different). It should display in your "fuzzy matches" pane, but with the number highlighted in color, to warn you that they do not match. You have to fix them in the editing pane, since the computer does not "know" what you want, only what you have done previously.

Others may know of a more elegant solution.

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:45
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Try… Dec 1, 2020

…to tick (or untick) Attempt to convert numbers when inserting a fuzzy match in the editor options.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

How to avoid changing the numbers?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »