Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you keep a register of all your projects, big and small?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Nadja Balogh
Nadja Balogh  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:44
Member (2007)
Japanese to German
+ ...
No, but... Jun 24, 2019

No, I don't keep a record as such (because I'm not good at that kind of thing), but whatever I work on will always go through my email account in one way or another, so unless my account gets corrupted somehow everything should be there. And I'm careful not to use this account for anything else but work so hopefully this won't happen.
In any case, most of my clients are regulars so it wouldn't be a problem to retrieve that information if anything should go wrong.

Norskpro
Norskpro
Norway
Local time: 20:44
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Absolutely Jun 25, 2019

I have one Excel sheet for each client. This is where I keep track of everything about the project, and I can refer to it if there is ever an issue. I record when a project came in, when it is due, the subject matter of the translation, the PM, contact details, when an invoice was sent, how many words and how long it took. When a job comes in, I record the details. This is how I know when I have to deliver a job and whether or not I can squeeze in another one that comes along, and ho tow reply ... See more
I have one Excel sheet for each client. This is where I keep track of everything about the project, and I can refer to it if there is ever an issue. I record when a project came in, when it is due, the subject matter of the translation, the PM, contact details, when an invoice was sent, how many words and how long it took. When a job comes in, I record the details. This is how I know when I have to deliver a job and whether or not I can squeeze in another one that comes along, and ho tow reply to someone who asks how long a job will take.Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you keep a register of all your projects, big and small?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »