Poll: Work-wise, my week this week is:
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Aug 4, 2020

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Work-wise, my week this week is:".

View the poll results »

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 06:39
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Extremely busy (busier than usual) Aug 4, 2020

As I said yesterday I’m translating a big document (27,877 words) scheduled to be delivered next week. This job is split in two files, I’ve managed to complete the 1st one yesterday evening and I’m starting the second one today. So, I’ll be extremely busy until the end of this week.

I suppose tomorrow quick poll will be “Work-wise this month will be…”. So, I’ll say right away that I’m fully booked until the 24th August and then from the 17th September until the end of the month.

Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 14:39
Chinese to English
+ ...
Polls Aug 4, 2020

I'm not usually one of those who say you shouldn't do these polls, but doing these two questions on back-to-back days is absurd. There's no law forbidding you from leaving a poll up for a few more days if you don't have a lot of poll questions stocked up.

[Edited at 2020-08-04 09:24 GMT]

Josephine Cassar
Zibow Retailleau
Nilton Junior
Jennifer White
Anja Hajek
Aline Amorim
Thayenga

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:39
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Other Aug 4, 2020

The week has barely started, so there's no way of predicting how busy (not not) this week will be.

Yolande Hivart
Yolande Hivart
Austria
Member (2016)
German to French
Normal Aug 4, 2020

I would say normal at best but I take my time because last week had been very busy.

On very busy days, I might not even notice the pop up message from windows that I have a new mail, let alone notice anything coming from Proz.

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Other Aug 4, 2020

Much the same as for yesterday's poll. This week is indeed slower than previous weeks throughout the year, but that doesn't mean I don't have enough work, simply that I'm not overwhelmed. I'm working right now because I feel like it, not because I have to.

Luiz Barucke
Luiz Barucke  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 03:39
Spanish to Portuguese
+ ...
Extremely busy... Aug 4, 2020

...as usual.

Elizabeth Tamblin
Elizabeth Tamblin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
Other Aug 4, 2020

As usual

writeaway

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Full Aug 5, 2020

"Work-wise, my week this week is...."

Full.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Work-wise, my week this week is:

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »