Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10] >
"Getting the most out of your ProZ.com profile" video: what do you think?
Thread poster: Jared Tabor
Jonathan Norris
Jonathan Norris  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:28
Spanish to English
+ ...
Well done!! Mar 22, 2012

More!

Damien Rea
Damien Rea  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
+ ...
"Getting the most out of your ProZ.com profile" video Mar 22, 2012

Excellent, well presented. I was originally sceptical of the approach used, but was quickly won over. I learnt a lot from this video and will be taking onboard many of the tips.

gina blazekovic
gina blazekovic
Croatia
Local time: 12:28
English to Croatian
+ ...
exellent!!! Mar 23, 2012

I like it very,very much.

Filipa Plant dos Santos
Filipa Plant dos Santos  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 11:28
Portuguese to English
Very useful and informative. Mar 30, 2012

Now to just get on and make those changes!!

Oh - I LIKED the voice, I thought it was friendly, and not too rushed. Can't rush these things, you know....

Wolf Draeger
Wolf Draeger  Identity Verified
South Africa
Local time: 13:28
French to English
Very useful Mar 31, 2012

Instructive and very useful. Not sure what "love story" has to do with it, but excellent introduction nonetheless. Animation always works well

Ondrej Elleder
Ondrej Elleder  Identity Verified
English to Czech
+ ...
got me motivated Apr 17, 2012

Good video.

It got me motivated to do something about my cobweb-covered profile.

lidija68
lidija68  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to Serbian
+ ...
Is it possible to add subtitles? Apr 18, 2012

As there are 5 or 6 of us which do not translate neither from nor into english, it would be nice if you could add subtitles in proz.com videos.

Each speaker has his own way to speak english, but written word is always the same and easier to understand.

I didn’t find this video difficult to understand, but on proz there are some of them which I had to watch a couple of times.

Lidija

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Thanks for the feedback, Lidija Apr 18, 2012

For now, this video is also available in the following languages:

• Spanish: ... See more
  • For now, this video is also available in the following languages:

• Spanish: http://www.proz.com/videos/tutorials%20on%20proz.com/1256
  • Russian: http://www.proz.com/videos/tutorials%20on%20proz.com/1252
  • Ukrainian: http://www.proz.com/videos/tutorials%20on%20proz.com/1259

Other languages will be added eventually. Thanks!

Lucia ▲ Collapse

•  
    José Henrique Lamensdorf
    José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
    Brazil
    Local time: 08:28
    English to Portuguese
    + ...
    In memoriam
    Some audio tricks Apr 19, 2012

Of course, none of us here is a trained speaker, and in this specific case, the ROI of hiring one would be very thin. So how can we cover it up?

My video course on Proz came out equally boring, as some colleagues described this one here. One solution I found was to add some unobtrusive musical background. As we are have not been
    ... See more
    Of course, none of us here is a trained speaker, and in this specific case, the ROI of hiring one would be very thin. So how can we cover it up?

My video course on Proz came out equally boring, as some colleagues described this one here. One solution I found was to add some unobtrusive musical background. As we are have not been trained to impose a certain primary rhythm to our speech, our delivery comes out like a trip on a straight paved road in the desert, with the cruise control on. So the next best option is to add some secondary rhythm, with music. This would be equivalent to turning on the radio or some player during the trip through the desert.

In my case, I asked a vintage version of SmartSound to "compose" a 50-min soundtrack, and mixed it accordingly. Background music can be also found on the web, often for free. In my program, I have inserted a few demonstration video clips that break the routine. In this story, some sound effects could add impact to slide changes here and there.

I listened to bits of the later recordings in other languages. I'm not an expert in ES, however I get the impression that at times the Argentinean ES might be a bit too fast for Mexicans (?). My extremely lame knowledge of PL only allowed me to catch a few words here and there from the two Slavic recordings, however I'd say that background noise removal and normalization to about -1 dB could help there. An unnoticeable level of reverb could help a bit too.

Guys, the content - the most difficult part - is great! I hope these tips help you to improve the delivery so that everybody will eagerly watch these videos to the very end.
    Collapse

Elsu
    Elsu
    Swedish to Finnish
    + ...
    A love story Apr 20, 2012

Very good presentation, I am new here and this was very helpful for me. Thanks.

Rosa Maria Otero
    Rosa Maria Otero  Identity Verified
    Spain
    English to Spanish
    + ...
    Excellent May 11, 2012

This video is very helpful clarifying and encourage all of us to get the best of Proz experience

soriant61
    soriant61

French to English
    Gives the big picture! May 17, 2012

The video helps one, especally someone new to the site, to see the big picture and how the smaller parts work together to create a marketable profile. I found t to be clear, concise and to give pertinent and extreemly relevent information for someone wishing to really take advantage of the ProZ.com site and the best way to make it work for them! Thanks!

Richard James
    Richard James
    French to English
    Cut out May 19, 2012

The video kept cutting out at the same point, about 9 minutes in, so I haven't seen all of it. I agree with others that the voice is somewhat sopirific.

Florian Falk
    Florian Falk  Identity Verified
    Germany
    Spanish to German
    + ...
    very interesting and helpful May 20, 2012

Thank you very much for producing it !!!

Stephanie Gibbs (X)
    Stephanie Gibbs (X)  Identity Verified
    Sweden
    French to English
    + ...
    A good intro to marketing yourself here May 24, 2012

I really enjoyed this video. The message is fairly simple but very effectively presented.
    Right, I'm off to brush up my profile!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
    Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Getting the most out of your ProZ.com profile" video: what do you think?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
    The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
    TM-Town
    Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »