Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10] >
"Getting the most out of your ProZ.com profile" video: what do you think?
Thread poster: Jared Tabor
gdesai
gdesai  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:08
German to English
A must-see for every translator Jun 2, 2012

Many things are mentioned here that one takes for granted, but realises their importance when explained in a video the way it is shown here. I enjoyed watching his video. And now methinks i shall attend the seminar.:)

Laura Luna
Laura Luna
Local time: 02:38
English to Spanish
+ ...
Catchy and straight to the point! Jun 7, 2012

A wonderful and easy way of helping us get the most out of our profiles!The example about Joe Outsourcer made it so clear! thank you Proz team!

Achraf Almouloudi
Achraf Almouloudi
Morocco
Local time: 05:38
Arabic to French
+ ...
Great Jun 24, 2012

Presentation way is extremely great .

Carol Rush
Carol Rush  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:38
French to English
+ ...
Very good! Aug 13, 2012

Interesting video highlighting what are possibly obvious ways of increasing your profile standing - but many things that we (or I at least!) often overlook.
I will definitely be polishing my profile after seeing this, many thanks.

Arsen Nazarian
Arsen Nazarian  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 06:38
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Poor voice quality Aug 16, 2012

I began to listen to the video, but halfway I had to stop it, because the sound was to weak to get the message properly.

mya zhang
mya zhang
Local time: 13:38
English to Chinese
Much abliged! Aug 23, 2012

This is a useful instruction ,intereting and vivid. I am going to watch it again .Thanks !The cartoon is quite impressive. Now it's time to make my cv.

Eva Tofvesson Redz
Eva Tofvesson Redz  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 06:38
Swedish to English
Nice touch Sep 4, 2012

Jared wrote:

This thread is for feedback on the video Getting the most out of your ProZ.com profile (a love story). What did you think of it? Post your thoughts here!

I'm just getting started at ProZ. The video was a nice change from the standard "here's how you fill in the page" approach, framed by a good simple image that will be remembered. Thanks!

EdieNY
EdieNY  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:38
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Great video! Sep 10, 2012

It thought the video was very informative and right to the point (very cute too)

Liviu Ionescu
Liviu Ionescu
Romania
English to Romanian
+ ...
Informative Sep 25, 2012

It was useful mainly for the insight on the Service Provider's search for translators. For the sake of making it accessible to non-English speakers, it is very slow, which made it a bit difficult for me to follow. I would have liked a more alert pace.

Liviu Ionescu
Liviu Ionescu
Romania
English to Romanian
+ ...
Informative and useful Sep 25, 2012

It shows the important prospective of the Service Provider. Particularly in the first part, although the approach is interesting and dramatic, the pace seemed too slow and therefore difficult for me to follow. I assume the pace is rather slow to make it easier to follow to non-English speakers.
All in all, I found it worthwhile and very useful.

Paula Loubier
Paula Loubier  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:38
French to English
+ ...
Highly informative video! Sep 27, 2012

I learned many things about building an effective profile that I plan to start implementing immediately. The cartoon format was a little strange, but was also an attention grabber. It certainly was worth 15 minutes of my time.

Mónica Algazi
Mónica Algazi  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
ABOUT JARED'S PRESENTATION Oct 8, 2012

This presentation came as a huge surprise to me, as I never imagined my profile would be displayed as an example. Thanks, Jared! : )
To me, the highlights were the deep, pleasant voice of the speaker; the clear, orderly manner in which he explained the points one by one; and the use of the cartoon, a smart, friendly tool to catch the attention of the audience.
As for the profile itself, I guess it should be updated and enriched on a regular basis to make it more attractive and prom
... See more
This presentation came as a huge surprise to me, as I never imagined my profile would be displayed as an example. Thanks, Jared! : )
To me, the highlights were the deep, pleasant voice of the speaker; the clear, orderly manner in which he explained the points one by one; and the use of the cartoon, a smart, friendly tool to catch the attention of the audience.
As for the profile itself, I guess it should be updated and enriched on a regular basis to make it more attractive and prompt potential customers to return again and again. Just a thought. : /

[Edited at 2012-10-09 01:18 GMT]
Collapse

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mónica for jogging my memory! Oct 10, 2012

Seeing your post, Mónica, I thought it might be interesting to mention that this video grew out of a presentation given by staff member Enrique Cavalitto. I had the pleasure of helping out with that presentation when he gave it at the wonderful conference organized by Fabio Descalzi in Montevideo in 2008, http://www.proz.com/conference/23 , and for that one we drew those cartoons on big sheets of paper... See more
Seeing your post, Mónica, I thought it might be interesting to mention that this video grew out of a presentation given by staff member Enrique Cavalitto. I had the pleasure of helping out with that presentation when he gave it at the wonderful conference organized by Fabio Descalzi in Montevideo in 2008, http://www.proz.com/conference/23 , and for that one we drew those cartoons on big sheets of paper to illustrate the talk. Those crude drawings were rolled up in a corner in the La Plata office for a long while before they were turned into crude drawings in the video

Anyway, I remember that at that conference we used your profile as a good example of building a strong online presence. And you're right, keeping that presence updated and relevant is a good idea.
Collapse

Mónica Algazi
Mónica Algazi  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
In that case, Oct 11, 2012

Congratulations to Enrique, too, for the original idea of the cartoon.
Have a great day,
Mónica

Angelica Flores
Angelica Flores
Local time: 00:38
English to Spanish
+ ...
great information!! Oct 11, 2012

thank you all sooooo much for this information, makes it very clear I would want to take my time with ny profile, very useful information! thanks again!!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Getting the most out of your ProZ.com profile" video: what do you think?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »